83 Event Ideas and Formats to Inspire Your Next Great Event

(Dewi) #1

An Eventbrite blog post from 2016.

Which ones do you like and can you think of anything that can be added to the list?

(Belinda Booker) #2

It’s certainly a comprehensive list, but I can think of a few more:

Talk/speech
Hybrid (an event with participants both online and in person)
Gala dinner
Team building

(Sachin Bhalla) #3

I keep typing an idea and then going back to the list to see if it’s there. It always is. Competitions (#73) are good…but maybe a multi-sport (and other talent) type of thing? There used to be a show in Canada called “Canada’s Smartest Person” where it was a mix of brain teasers, trivia, and some physical activities.

(Dewi) #4

One that’s not on the list is a barcamp

(Belinda Booker) #5

Ah yes, a type of ‘un-conference’. I’ve never been to one. I’d be intrigued to see how they work firsthand.

(roland king) #6

i’ve attended a couple, Belinda. To be honest, they do seem to be useful, unlike many other conferences i’ve been which seemed completely useless. one time i even attended a hgh conference. didn’t even know how i got there. lol. anyway my opinion only.

(Dewi) #7

I’ve attended a few which have been great. Setting up the days agenda can be a bit of bun fight but it creates a varied timetable for the day.

(Belinda Booker) #8

@Wastand I guess it makes sense to let the participants set the agenda, so what’s being discussed is actually relevant. I like that it crowdsources solutions and lets peers share expertise, but on the other hand you lose out on inspirational keynotes.

@DewiEirig do you think this format is easier for the organiser because they don’t have to establish the programme of content/book speakers etc beforehand?

(Dewi) #9

The ones I’ve been to have had a planned keynote at the beginning. At the planning stage everyone writes their presentation title on a post-it note then the organisers then sorts out the day after that. For an organiser I think it would be difficult to plan a varied timetable in a small timeframe but the ones I’ve seen fly through it with ease.

(Navin Todi) #10

Hello All,

I got many new ideas for my next event planning, I must say there are some productive discussions on this topic here.