Conference Season has arrived! What's your next conference?

(Richard Millington) #1

Judging by my inbox, I think it’s pretty safe to say that conference season is now in full swing.

Which means those of you in our @Conferences group must be pretty busy.

I’d love to get some responses to:

1. When is your next conference?
  2. How many people are you hoping to get?
  3. What have you learned in preparing this conference? (or what do you wish you knew?)

Looking forward to hearing from you (and our @Top_Members)

(Dewi) #2
  1. Hopefully 30th of June. The event is still in the planning stage.

2. Around 30 but there may be more. The conference will be a fringe event to a much larger event.

3. Always plan for the worst but there’s always that curveball that you didn’t expect.

(Louise Triance) #3

When is your next conference? 20th June
How many people are you hoping to get? 110
What have you learned in preparing this conference? (or what do you wish you knew?) This is the sixth time I’ve run this annual conference. I probably should have my keynote sorted by now… eeeek!!

(Kellie Singer) #4
  1. 18 & 19 September
  2. 500 + attendees
  3. I have mastered a new level of patience in preparing for this conference!

(Catherine Saunders) #5

When is your next conference? 24 October 2018
How many people are you hoping to get? 180
What have you learned in preparing this conference? (or what do you wish you knew?) How to adjust to the GDPR - our email marketing list has dramatically reduced!

(Melissa Saunders) #6

Congratulations Kellie. Sure that will come in handy!! :grinning:

(Richard Millington) #7

This is awesome, thanks @LouiseTriance @CSSaunders and @Kellie.

How many events do you tend to organize per year?

What did you do to prepare for GDPR? I’m curious.

(Kellie Singer) #8

Hi Richard - about 60 events a year for the last couple of years.

(Julianne Johnson) #9

Last week was one of the toughest weeks of my career so far. In June, we have 5 days of motivational training for just over 800 managers (internal colleagues) and very sadly, our speaker has a stroke :anguished:
He is OK and recovering well but certainly wont recover in time and definitely can’t fly (he is USA based).
So in a very short period I had to task our senior Directors with defining new conference content, cancel all attendances and various plans then re-invite Managers to the new event. Essentially we’re now having role specific days with 5-8 guest speakers per day who will deliver valuable content that is relevant to the cohort (e.g. CitNow at our Aftersales Manager day).
a tough week but I’m so happy with the result; the new conferences are going to be great :grinning:
And the week after we have the first of our Long Service Celebration events which are a joy to organise.
Gotta love conference season! :heart:

(Belinda Booker) #10

OMG what a headache! It actually sounds like it’s going to be even better now though, if the managers are going to get content specifically tailored to their roles. Well done!

(Julianne Johnson) #11

Yes, i think you’re right :slight_smile:

Thanks @Belinda_Booker

(Kellie Singer) #12

How stressful! I’ve had speakers pull out before but not that close to an event! Congrats on making it through!