De-Stress After Your Event with a Spa Day on Us

(Nick Lawson) #1

Originally published at: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/blog/de-stress-after-youre-event-spa-day-us/

Life as an event organiser is hectic at the best of times, let alone the event day itself. Running around at 100mph with a million things on your mind can get a little draining to say the least. When the last attendee has left and all is packed up, there’s nothing more you want to do than just relax and de-stress.

That’s why we’re offering you and a friend the chance to win a free spa day (worth £200) to ensure you properly unwind and get the break you deserve after your next event!

All you need to do is tell us, in 17 words, what’s the single most important thing you’ve learnt as an event organiser in 2017.

Sound like something you’d like to get involved in? Post your answer below by clicking “Reply”!

(If you don’t already have an account you can create one in 20 seconds)

In addition to the Spa Day for two (which is redeemable at a number of nationwide locations) we’ll also be offering two £25 Amazon Vouchers for the runners up. The competition will close at midnight on 18 August.

T & C’s & Stuff

New Member Welcome & Weekly Update 16/08/17
(Richard Heathcote) #2

My main lesson learned is not to trust the booking numbers when the event is free! Always assume there’ll be a good proportion of dropout!
That way it’ll save me a lot more headaches down the line!

(Nick Lawson) #3

Good one! But is that in 17 words :straight_ruler:?

(Richard Heathcote) #4

Oops!! Official answer:

“Don’t trust booking numbers for free events! Always expect more dropout than you think!”

(Belinda Booker) #5

Collecting and analysing data can give organisers super human powers, including the ability to predict the future!

Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!
(Melissa Saunders) #6

Never assume event basics such as counting the number of attendees has been done by the client!

(Jason McGuire) #7

Never expect everything will run smoothly. Always have a contingency backup plan for your contingency backup plan.

(Rose 'rogas' Watson) #8

Post show reports are life savers! Helps showing me what works and what doesn’t for next year.

(Jess Gallacher) #9

Thoroughly explain how and why your event will make life easier :writing_hand:, better :+1: and more fun :sunglasses: for attendees

(Nick Lawson) pinned globally #10

(Sandra Tang) #11

The most important thing I’ve learnt is to always have a Plan C!

(Ramon Perez) #12

Patience is a necessity when event planning. You will deal with many individuals who will be complicated.

(Hettie) #13

Always keep smiling, nothing can go wrong that cant be sorted with time.

(P Belton ) #14

the importance to assist in the best way possible if accessibility needs are needed

(Nick Lawson) #15

Hey, great answer but unfortunately it’s got to be in under 17 words :grimacing:!

(P Belton ) #16

Does it count if we go back and edit? :smile:

(Nick Lawson) #17

Of course!

(Laura) #18

You are the only one who notices the glitches, if the delegates are happy then you’re golden.

(Helen Overy) #19

Check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check and check again!

(Louise Donegan) #20

The single most important thing I have learnt as an event organiser in 2017 is:

Always cater for everyone - even though not everyone who has registered for the event will show up.

17 words.

Louise.