Do you plan on increasing event marketing spend?

(Belinda Booker) #1

According to The Pulse Report, 31% of event planners think budgets for marketing and communications will increase in 2018. It’s the biggest anticipated increase in spend across the board. Do you agree that promotions will be your biggest area of focus?

The report says: “The anticipated shift in spending on marketing isn’t remarkable given the changing algorithms at Facebook: event organisers are under more pressure to pay for views and clicks in a way that wasn’t necessary in the past.”

Do you plan to spend more on marketing in 2018 than you did last year?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

(Richard Heathcote) #2

Our events are free, so thus far all our marketing both online and offline has been free; purely consisting of manual graft! Guerrilla style some would say!

However, as we’re working on ways to monetise some of our events I am keen to trial things on a paid basis; sponsored tweets etc to gain access to new audiences etc. Nothing majorly costly, just little trials here and there, see what works.

(Belinda Booker) #3

Keep us posted on those trials. I think there are a lot of people in the same boat as you who haven’t tried paid yet but plan to - I’m sure any learnings would be gratefully received!

(Richard Heathcote) #4

Yeah certainly will do.
We already rank well on Google for our relevant keywords and phrases, so not worried about going the Adwords route, but yeah the Twitter angle would be fun to try at some point. Just to have a set pot of money to allocate, let it get used up, and see what happens.