Does waiting on responses to RFPs from venues drive you mad?

(Belinda Booker) #1

A new survey out this week of 1,200 event professionals lists one of their biggest frustrations as waiting for venues to respond to requests for proposals. Anecdotally, I’ve heard that some hotel chains don’t even bother to get back to organisers if they think they’re too small fry. Even worse, if you try to call them, they only have a premium rate number! What are your experiences?

(Melissa Saunders) #2

I’m hugely frustrated generally about response times from new contacts you are considering doing business with at the moment. I had a call from a cuttings service provider last week two months after my original enquiry. Two months! I couldn’t even remember which project I’d contacted them about. I also contacted two international press distribution agencies earlier this week (Tuesday I think) about another project and here we are 8pm on a Friday evening and I’ve heard nothing from either of them :grimacing: I would expect venues (and most other suppliers) to respond within 48 hours in the first instance. Otherwise I’m looking around for alternatives. A same day response will definitely bump you up my list and could be such an easy win!

(Belinda Booker) #3

That’s crazy! Let’s hope that was as the result of some internal error and not what they deem to be an acceptable response rate!
I think it shows that they value your business if they respond quickly, even if that’s just a top line ‘thanks for the enquiry’ and they then advise when they’ll be able to respond in full.