Event industry leaders: who inspires you?

(Allison Pinney Collis) #1

I’m always exploring alternative perspectives on traditional events/formats and how to enrich the user experience by thinking and delivering differently(subject to the audience it can be a simply tweak or a radical idea) … where do you get your inspiration? who rocks your boat?

(Belinda Booker) #2

I always keep an eye on the work of leading creative agencies like Jack Morton, drp Group and Imagination by following their blogs or case studies on their websites - there loads of inspiration. I wonder who our other @Top_Members are inspired by?

(Dewi) #3

Gary Vaynerchuck is well worth a listen. I wouldn’t say he’s inspirational but there’s always little golden nuggets to be found in his podcasts and YouTube videos.

(Belinda Booker) #4

In terms of individuals in the industry getting recognition for doing things differently, Ben Goedegeburre of Maritz Global Events was recently named PCMA’s 2018 Global Executive of the Year. Meanwhile, Fay Sharpe of BCD Meetings & Events was named M&IT magazine’s Personality of the Year. She’s doing great things for championing women in the industry. I did a profile on her as part of Eventbrite’s Female Leaders of the Events Industry series.