Family Charity Event

(Eliza Urzica) #1

Hi ,

I have graduated with an Event Management degree last year, but haven’t organised an event before so I just realised there’s so many things I still don’t know.

I want to organise a family charity event to raise money for children in the poor areas of Romania. I am not supporting any particular charity, it’s just a cause that I have; so my first question will be - under this circumstance, is the event feasible?

And then, how do I find a free venue and what else do I need to do to in regard to the legal stuff - health and safety, etc?

So sorry for all the questions, but I’m really hoping that you could help since you’re all so experienced.

Thank you so much!

(Belinda Booker) #2

Hi Eliza, congrats on your degree! I think you’ll get more support if you can affiliate yourself with a registered charity - there are lots supporting children in Romania. If you chose to support one with religious links then you could approach church-owned venues for free space. If you are using an unlicensed venue and want to serve alcohol then you’ll need to apply for a temporary event notice (TEN). You’ll probably also need some public liability insurance. Check out the guides below:

(Eliza Urzica) #3

Thank you so much for your reply :slight_smile:

I was thinking about an event where both parents and children can attend and where there will be games, food, music, etc, but no alcohol; so a TEN will not be needed in this case right?

(Belinda Booker) #4

Doesn’t sound like you will require a TEN. Here’s some further reading on health & safety and running a family/charity event Good luck!: