Finding cheap hotel accommodation near event venues

(Belinda Booker) #1

Can anyone help @Gordon with his challenge?

Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!
(Belinda Booker) #2

In my experience, it’s often better to visit the budget hotel brands (such as Premier Inn and Travelodge) directly as these often don’t appear on the aggregator sites. I got a great deal on a Premier Inn in Farringdon recently and was very surprised at how low the price was for central London.

(Ryan Perez-Wilson) #3

Hey @Gordon a good alternative to Expedia is Laterooms.com, however its pretty similar priced, just with some alternate options.

Most hotels are usually contracted to block out a large number of rooms to expedia/laterooms to hold and re-sell. So these sites usually have cheap rates compared to most other sites.

The cheapest hotels are as @Belinda_Booker said above such as PremierInn and Travelodge, however you can find some boutique hotels in most large cities which are just as cheap and better quality on Laterooms/Expedia. You could also try ibis hotels as they are pretty cheap normally.

Not all chains hotels are on Expedia/Laterooms, I can’t remember which, but some hotel chains such as Accor (ibis, Mercure, Novotel…) don’t have all their hotels on those sites.

Hope this helps?
Ryan

(Rachel Kerr) #4

Hello I’ve also used Trivago.co.uk which aggregates a lot of the other sites. What I find really works is finding a great deal on one of these sites and then calling the hotel directly and saying you have found this deal can they do better if you book direct. I recently had a conversation with a hotel and apparently they pay these sites quite high commission so are often happy to give an even cheaper price and not pay it. (phew not sure that makes sense!)