Getting feedback from event attendees

This is fab! Did you design it? Would you be happy with other orgs using it/something similar? :slight_smile:

I use Typeform lets you create a survey/questionnaire which can be tailored to be as quick and easy to use and you like it to be. We know our attendees well so I can chase them personally for feedback but hate doing it and often it’s the same people responding. However if it’s in an app form the response rate tends to be higher.

That’s fantastic!

1 Like

Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for letting me know. This pop up is aggressive AntiVirus software advertising. I guess you use a Mac too? I looked into it and it definitely isn’t hidden in my site, but I cannot find how they connect it to my pages.

MacKeeper, the company behind it seems to be known for this method. All you have to do is click it all away and open the page (my page or any other where it happens) again. All should be fine. It reappears when you delete the cookies and your browsing history.

Anyway, thanks for telling me!

How frustrating! Oddly I’m on a PC - maybe Mackeeper are branching out?!

I hope you manage to get rid of them soon!

1 Like

I did design it and please do use it, but would love it if you credited me with the inspiration!

I disagree - I get a very rich array of feedback from my forms which help me to modify/flex my workshops accordingly and seek improvement. To me a question around if registration was fast or slow or whether the speakers were good or bad are event centric rather than being centred on the learner. Does it really matter if registration was slow if the learning stuck? How does a learner decide whether the speaker was good or bad? Isn’t it more important that the objectives (and theirs) were met?

So we survive on feedback - as a social enterprise we need to be able to show stats that show what we’re doing works. I have Survey Monkeys after each event for both the students and the professionals. We want to do surveys before the events for the students too, so they can tell us what kinds of fields they’d be interested in seeing people from.

What we do right now is not the best method, I’m sure. We’re toying with using paper surveys for the students (the above example with the bubbles is lovely!) I guess I’m still researching and developing how we do this, but since it’s such an important part of what we do, I have to make sure it’s done right.

I totally agree. Whenever I’m asked to complete feedback surveys, I’m reluctant to do so unless something has particularly impressed or disappointed me, which I would prefer to do in a free-text box (endlessly rating different aspects of the service out of 10 is so tiresome). It’s obviously harder to analyse text comments but ultimately I think it provides more actionable feedback.

A system I saw at an airport recently impressed me. It was a polling station located just after security with three faces (smiley, impassive and sad). It asked “What did you think about our customer service today?” and you just pressed the appropriate face. Simple but effective!

Now we’re branching out from solely doing our regular monthly networking events, and doing sporadic events throughout the year at various venues and at various times, we’re looking to start asking our member base what they want.
I recently came across a site called typeform.com - a bit like survey monkey - to ask specific questions about the types of events people would want, just to help us gauge what is worth considering for the future.

We’re yet to do this, but we are starting to compile various questions to ask; namely things like how many ‘extra’ events per year, at what times, with or without food etc etc. If anyone has any other useful questions I’d love to hear them.

But yes the simplest way has to be some kind of feedback form to get word straight from the horses mouth as it were?

I saw this at an airport as well… in the bathroom of Bristol’s airport.

1 Like

. @Krystyna_Gadd Thats so cool!

Thanks

How fab. I think I’d actually enjoy filling that in! Do you get high rates of completion?

I’ve been using JotForm, here’s an example of one of my feedback forms: https://form.jotformeu.com/MuonEvents/sustainable-food-feedback-form

I’m aiming to have minimal environmental impact and so paper feedback forms are a no-no for me. @Krystyna_Gadd, I wish I develop an online one that is as creative as yours, it’s ace!

My strategy at the moment is to email attendees asking for feedback a couple of hours after the event ends, and then again 24 hours afterwards. So far my feedback rate is around 25% but I would like higher if I can! @Monika, I love the idea of showing feedback on facebook, etc!

I hope to do the same @muonabena!

Can anyone share ways to improve feedback rates please? Its seems that incentives are the most effective approach.

1 Like

Hi @JCJulianne I’d recommend keeping the questionnaire shortish & being at least 70% honest about how long it will take to complete. Also I’d briefly outline why you’re asking them and stress that the feedback goes straight to the team planning future events - so their feedback can make a difference & is really important. An incentive relevant to the target audience can also help.

Thanks so much, Melissa. Great tips!

1 Like

You’re very welcome. Good luck!