[help] How can I delete "You're going to ..." message in the order confirmation

(Shirley Xinyi) #1

We are going to hold a free conference and using Eventbrite, but we need to filter the registration before sending out the scannable ticket. Our seats are limited, so we will have a selection process for the people registered and give our tickets to those who are the most relevant to our conference topic.

However, I found out every time when after registering, there will be a pop-out window saying: “Thanks for your order. Your registration is complete.” and the first line of the webpage is You’re going to XXX conference

I am just wondering can I delete those messages (“You’re going to XXX conference”)? Those messages are really confusing because not everyone who registered for our event can go to the event.

I would like to tell them that there will be a selection process and you will receive a successful registration confirmation at a later time.

Thank you so much for your help!!

(Belinda Booker) #2

I think this link might contain the information you need: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/support/articles/en_US/How_To/how-to-create-custom-order-confirmations?lg=en_GB