Help needed with university community event design

(Lizzie Johnsen) #1

Hello!

I am I final year Design for Industry student at Northumbria University. I am currently designing a community skill sharing event for a local town to increase community spirit, pride of the town and to celebrate the collaboration between local business and the community.

I would love to talk through my idea with some experts in event planning, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

(Belinda Booker) #2

Hi Lizzie, sounds like an interesting project. If you don’t get any volunteers on here, a really good place to get in touch with is Newcastle Gateshead Convention Bureau: https://www.newcastlegateshead.com/conferences

(Lizzie Johnsen) #3

Hi Belinda,

Thankyou for the reply! I would love to talk through my idea with you and gain some insights and critiques from you?

Thanks, Lizzie.

(Belinda Booker) #4

I’m happy to help, if I can, although I’m an event journalist rather than someone at the coalface. Feel free to PM me if you’d still like to chat :grinning:

(Lizzie Johnsen) #5

I have tired to send you a personal message and it isn’t sending, could you message me? or send me a message on my email - elizabethjohnsen003@gmail.com , Thank you!

(Belinda Booker) #6

Done :slight_smile:

(Rachel Kerr) #7

Hi Lizzie - I’d be happy to have a chat, I’m an event manager, I mainly run conferences not community stuff but would be happy to chat if it helps.
Best wishes
Rachel

(Lizzie Johnsen) #8

Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much, could you drop me an email, elizabethjohnsen003@gmail.com or I can send you an email to you if you like.

Lizzie

(Ryan Perez-Wilson) #9

Hey Lizzie,

Also happy to help if you want to sprint board some ideas. Worked on a wide range of events over the years.

Cheers,
Ryan

(Lizzie Johnsen) #11

Hi Ryan,

That would be perfect! Do you have an email address I can contact you on?

Thanks,

Lizzie