How Do You Promote an EDM Party?

planning
events
promotion

(David Reyes) #1

Im Hosting a Halloween Party and Have Some EDM Djs Playing How I get people to come since its not very popluar here Houston

(Belinda Booker) #2

Find your local EDM radio station/s and advertise there. That’s how I hear about club nights. Have a look at the targeting options on Facebook too and see if you can target people interested in EDM in Houston. I’ve not tried doing FB ads by musical preference yet, but could be possible…
Could also be worth flyering to people coming out of EDM venues? Get the DJs you’re working with involved in the promotional efforts too, as they will no doubt already have a following on social media. Good luck!

(Melissa Saunders) #3

Are there bloggers on the EDM scene you could guest invite and ask them to post about your event? Agree with @Belinda_Booker - definitely leverage your DJs all you can and see what opportunities there are to piggyback on other events. Perhaps nearby venues will have regular EDM nights you could target.

(Sachin Bhalla) #4

I know this is an older topic, but it fits right into what I’m doing at the moment. Our focus being on musical events, we’ve joined a lot of EDM groups on facebook to gauge the crowds of both fans and promoters. One thing that really stood out to me is that creative, original flyer design really does bring in a crowd and gets the potential audience excited about the event before it starts. Event better than that, having something tangible (not JUST online) gives them a “pre-souvenir” in a sense.

Only problem is, getting the right design can take time…there are solutions to that, though. If you plan on having any more EDM parties, drop me a line. I will definitely be able to help out.

(Belinda Booker) #5

When I was a teenager I used to dream about being old enough to attend a Helter Skelter rave, all because of the flyers. I had them up all over my room. Check out these designs: https://www.google.es/search?q=Helter+Skelter+rave+flyers&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiuvufqy-fZAhWLbhQKHedQA2kQ_AUICigB&biw=1440&bih=687

(Sachin Bhalla) #6

These flyers are great. While the rave scene in Toronto had NOTHING (nuffin?) on what was going on in the UK in the 90s, I also loved the designs and was able to turn my room into an “art gallery” of sorts.

I’d love to bring that back to the youth of today…but their galleries are probably on Instagram or whatever :wink:

The site I’m working on is actually aiming to give promoters original event designs…who knows? Maybe the old-school can become new again!

(Belinda Booker) #7

Well, teens will always like cool stuff to stick on their walls, I reckon (then they can stand in front of it for their Insta selfies :grinning:). Good luck with the site - let us know when it’s ready.

(Sachin Bhalla) #8

Well, the site is now up and running. If there are any event promoters out there who want to give it a shot, they are more than welcome to do so. The logo I use as my profile picture was designed by someone in the Philippines, and we had entries from India, Poland, Ukraine, Argentina, South Africa, and more.

It’s amazing to see the flyers our designers come up with…I think the site would really help in promoting EDM parties (and really any other events). If you’re interested in checking it out, Belinda, be my guest :smiley:

(I don’t think I’d be allowed to post the link here, but you can reach me through direct messaging)

(Belinda Booker) #9

That’s ok Sachin, I think this is of interest to the forum members so I’ll post the link: https://promotergo.com

How does it work in terms of pricing? Is it a flat rate for a flyer design and you pick your favourite from the designs submitted?

(Sachin Bhalla) #10

Firstly, thank you Belinda for posting the link :smiley: …I’m positive that the promoters and event organizers in the Event Tribe forum will get a lot of use out of the site.

As far as pricing is concerned, it is indeed a flat rate for the products. We range from $99 to $199 (USD) depending on the type of product (business card size, web flyer, print flyer, etc). The event producer only pays for the design s/he likes, and will have several designs submitted.

Throughout the entire process, however, promoters can provide feedback to any or all designers in order to get the design looking how they want.

The promoter releases the funds to the designer only once they’re completely satisfied and have all their required files (including source files). This way, promoters have complete control of their design assets.

(Belinda Booker) #11

That sounds straight forward - really useful if people don’t have a go-to designer and want choice with a fixed cost. Best of luck with it!