How have times changed since you started out in the industry?

The last 10/15 years have seen so many huge developments in technology - how did you promote and manage your events before smartphones, PPC and social media? Is there anything you miss about the “good old days?”

1 Like

I miss print advertising. I used to love getting file copies and seeing the ads in situ. I still do place print advertising but it’s mostly digital these days. All the technical innovations do excite me and it’s interesting to watch which take off but the pace of change is certainly quicker, there are thousands more options now and it’s quite a pressure to keep abreast of everything when you’re busy doing the day job too!

Ahh yes it is sad we don’t get printed copies of things these days. I love a good catalogue, guide or magazine. I like to feel it in my hands, flip through it, highlight things. It’s why I refuse to give up my physical diary, despite being called a luddite by some!

1 Like

Definitely hang on to your diary. Interesting that despite all the technical advances we still like something tangible. Amazing the return to vinyl - I recently acquired a record player! On the work front I think you now get more stand out using direct mail than email. Remember when people used to complain about the amount of junk mail pouring through their letter boxes?!

Yes to stand out you either have to be at the forefront of technology or really old fashioned!

1 Like