How much should it cost to provide free tea and coffee for attendees?

(Lynne North) #1

Hi

I am organizing a Meet the Buyer Event for November and wonder if any one has any ideas / suggestions on venue Tea & Coffee prices. We would like to offer free flow T & C for the duration of the event but the costs quoted are nearly as much as the venue! has any one got any suggestions for me?
Kindest Lynne

(Nick Lawson) #2

Hi Lynne in my experience this has been around £2.50 per head. What kind of cost are you being quoted? Would be interested to hear other people’s experiences. Where’s your event being held?

(Lynne North) #3

£5.00 a head which is a tad expensive. Thank you for your comment… I have gone back and asked if there is any wriggle room.

(Agnieszka Lokaj) #4

Hi,

The prices at the hotels are quite high and often double the cost.

I attended events where there was no refreshments provided. Some venues allow you to have your own refreshments but I doubt the hotels are amongs them.

(Lynne North) #5

Thank you, I think I may have negotiated a better deal but need to do some sums first

(Mike Thomas) #6

Depends on the venue and quality, but in Central London (Westminster), I am paying £2.70 a head for filter coffee and a tea selection. Biscuits are extra - 80p a head.

Thanks,

Mike

(Lynne North) #7

Thank you,

After just spending the weekend in the City that seems very cheap!
I have negotiated £14 a flask which holds approx. 8 cups.
Thank you for your advice.

Kindest
Lynne

(Chantal Trewhela) #8

Hi Lynne, it’s £1.70 pp where I work.

(Angela Reid) #9

Hi I’m interested in this for a future event. Can I have you venue details if possible please? Thanks