How to attract your first event clients

(Ayesha Morillo) #1

Hi! I’m Ayesha and I’m new to the Events Planning Community. I’m from Fullerton, CA and have recently decided to start my own Event Planning business. I am not currently working on anything at the moment, except market myself and business. It’s a pleasure to be a part of this.

Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!
(Belinda Booker) #2

Congratulation Ayesha! Are you facing any challenges in establishing yourself? What’s your plan for attracting your first clients?

(Ayesha Morillo) #3

Hi Belinda! Thank you!

I am having difficulty finding a way to properly establish myself. I created a website and facebook business page to promote my services, but aside from that, I don’t know where else to start. I have been using the facebook ads to hopefully get my first clients. However, I’m not sure that is enough.

Free Webinar - PPC strategies for event promotion
(Belinda Booker) #4

Facebook ads can be really effective but you probably need to do some direct outreach to potential clients. Are you seeking private clients (i.e. parties/weddings) or corporate? LinkedIn could be good if it’s the latter. We were having some conversation about it here:

(Ayesha Morillo) #5

I’m looking for private clients as I really do enjoy helping and making their ideas come to life. :smiley:

I will definitely check out that thread! I really do appreciate your help. What is your opinion on craigslist promoting? I’ve read that it can also be a viable option, but I’m a bit hesitant to see if that is safe and really works.

(Belinda Booker) #6

Well, I’d look at what your competitors are doing. Best bet is probably Google Adwords and make sure you get a Google maps listing. Yelp is coming up high when I google “party planners Fullerton”, as well as thumbtack.com.

I’ve made this discussion a separate thread, so other people can weigh in too :slight_smile:

(Ayesha Morillo) #7

Thank you so much for your help! :slight_smile:

(Alex Velinov) #8

Hi @ineffableevents As I can see just started the business and wondering how to get first clients. If this is the case, you probably need to start with search marketing -PPC +SEO as this should work well at the bottom of the funnel. You can expand this with remarketing - both Google and Facebook. It all depends on your marketing budget, so if you can serve the bottom of the funnel, you can expand with more middle of the funnel interest and product based campaigns.

Hope this helps

Alex

(Ayesha Morillo) #9

Thank you Alex! I will definitely try that. I just finished setting up the SEO on my website. Hopefully, that helps me.