How to Hire or be Hired in the Events Industry - AMA with Robert Kenward from June 26 to 29

(Robert Kenward) #21

Well thank you for the feedback.

With regards to networking, I honestly believe it is THE number 1 greatest way to further your professional career within the event profs sector. The sector is such a community led beast and key to being referred is to remember you’re not selling, you’re getting people to trust you and spread the word on your behalf as it’s also their reputation on the line by putting your name forward.

I always think of the old adage when networking, “it’s not what you say, it’s what they hear”

If anyone is serious about networking, then I highly recommend this guy (Andy Lopta)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/networkingstrategy/ he is the king and also one of the nicest guys in the industry.

It’s who they tell

(Chrissy Bray) #22

Thanks Robert, I’m definitely going to check him out, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. It’s good to hear from you that networking is so critical in the industry - I’ll make sure to take the time to focus on it!

(Belinda Booker) #23

Huge thanks to @robert for taking part in the AMA. We touched on a lot of topics, from mentors and networking, to just starting out and getting to the top - so hopefully something for everyone, no matter what stage they are at in their career!