Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!

gettingstarted

(Luke Baker) #541

Hi all,

Luke here, I run Business Development for Grip. We provide an AI powered event matchmaking platform from our base here in London. We work in the trade show and conference space helping event organisers deliver on their key objectives around attendee interactions.

Super interested in how technology can promote networking opportunities at events and drive ROI for exhibitors.

If anyone wants to shoot the sh*t or is interested in chatting drop us a line.

Cheers

Luke Baker

(Melissa Saunders) #542

@LukeGrip meet Eventtribe newbie @Paula_Shillito who is also keen to learn more about networking technology.

(Jamie Vaughan) #543

Hi EventTribe,

I’m Jamie and I have been in event technology for a while now. I have held senior roles in Registration/Ticketing, Lead Retrieval, Mobile Apps and now Audience Engagement solutions (very topical right now!). My experience is both behind the scenes as well as client side.

I have joined this group to keep in the loop with market sentiment and learn new things, as well as offer my experience to any of you who are baffled or need advice regarding Tech for your events. As a seasoned attendee, I have been privileged to attend literally hundreds of events from SxSW and Cannes Lions through to pop ups in a hotel lobby, with all the learnings from them.

I look forward to learning and contributing where I can!

(Belinda Booker) #544

Hey Jamie, can you use Glisser remotely? Any advice on this thread? Does anyone here have experience of running a hybrid event (live and online)?

(Lisa Devlin) #546

Hi. I’ve recently launched a brand new Craft and Produce Market for our local community. I noticed a gap in the market and wanted to do something that brings everyone together. We’ve had to overcome the introduction of public liability insurance, which resulted in losing some stallholders, but staying strong. All done when I’m not working part-time or being a mum and wife :grinning:. Cheers.

(Belinda Booker) #547

That’s excellent. Well done Lisa! If you face any other challenges along the way, be sure to consult the Tribe. Keep us posted on your progress :grinning:

(Lisa Devlin) #548

Thanks Belinda. Will do. This group is a brilliant idea for sharing information.

(Melissa Saunders) #549

Hi Jamie
Welcome - we get quite a few techie posts on here so would really appreciate you giving us the benefit of your experience as and when. Thanks for joining us. Best wishes, Melissa

(Ethan Genende) #550

Hi All

Ethan here, born in New Zealand, grew up in South Africa and now just moved to London!

My company, VATGlobal, assists event/conference organisers, who are running events outside the UK, with their foreign VAT registrations and compliance. If you are running an event outside of the UK and are charging admission, chances are you need to account for VAT in that country.

If you are not even sure if you need my help, get in contact and I will be able to chat regardless.
Super happy to help any community member navigate through the often murky VAT waters!

(Belinda Booker) #551

Hey Ethan, good to have you with us. That certainly sounds like a tricky topic… excellent that we now have an expert to turn to!

(Sally Gurney) #552

@Voicey this is great - thank you. I’m just in the process of setting up my business, so will be sure to tap into your valuable advice. Thanks again for your support!

(Richard Heathcote) #553

@Sgsocial Anytime :sunglasses:

(Sally Gurney) #554

Thank you Belinda!

(James Mayes) #555

Interesting to look back on this. In January when I first responded, we had 4 staff and presence in 90 cities. Now we have 11 and 137 cities. Been a helluva year!

(Melissa Saunders) #556

Wow! You’ve been busy!

(Belinda Booker) #557

Amazing - how have you achieved such rapid growth? Maybe you can weigh on this thread about entering new markets? Entering a new market

(James Mayes) #558

We’ve got a great brand, we remain focussed on provided great content first, and we’re picky about who we work with. When we find the right partners, we look after them well. Weighed in on the other thread too, cheers!

(Nick Lawson) #559

Congrats on the growth! Got more events planned for this year or time to put your feet up?

(James Mayes) #560

Plenty more meetups happening around the world in 2017, but for the conferences we’re now into 2018 planning and research. Hardly time for feet up :wink:

(Melissa Saunders) #561

I think being selective is a massively underrated strength. It’s easy in the early stages of something to think “more, more, more” but sometimes it pays to say “no” or “not right now.”