Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!

gettingstarted

(Melissa Saunders) #603

Hi Timothy
Thanks for joining us and Happy New Year! It sounds like events was your destiny! Where are you holding your Expo? Definitely post on here re anything you need assistance with - I’m sure our members will be delighted to help.
Best wishes
Melissa (moderator)

(Tope Chiedozie) #604

Hi Melissa
Nice to meet you I tend to source my speakers based on gut feeling and the impact of their story…they have to have a story that can inspire or empower.
Will you be creating a separate post?
regards
Tope

(Melissa Saunders) #605

Thanks Tope. I think you’ve already created separate posts so hopefully we’ll see other members diving in with their thoughts and suggestions.

(Daniella Ayetigbo) #607

Hello I’m Daniella. I’m working on my own event company which I recently just started. I’ve been planning events for a while for friends and family and past colleagues and just recently decided after a lot of encouragement to start earning money for it.

My greatest challenge is how to create more awareness for my business. I’m looking at the wedding/showers/Parties route. I’m looking forward to learn as much as I can on here.

Thank you

(Jake Wagler) #608

Hi I am Jake, I have been a mobile DJ for weddings and corporate parties In Strathmore Alberta Canada for about 10 years. My audiences average from 100 - 200 guest but have been up to 500. I am planning on hosting my first event as the organizer in April. It will be a Boxcar Willie (gone but not forgotten) music video event which will be setup for 250. My main concern is marketing this event for success since it is my first time so I am trying to keep it relatively small and if it is a success I can work my way up. I am very exited about the great tools Eventbrite has available for event promotion and ticket management!

(Olga Kovalova) #609

Hi everyone

I am a conference organiser. I organise corporate events around the world.

Always looking to learn!

Please add me to your LinkedIn networking. linkedin.com/in/olgakovalova

(Melissa Saunders) #610

Hi Daniella, welcome and thanks for introducing yourself to us. An exciting time for you then and glad to hear you’re getting lots of encouragement. That’s so important in the early days when you’re finding your way a bit. Whereabouts are you based?

(Melissa Saunders) #611

Hi Olga, welcome! Great to see you on here so soon after our chat this morning. :slight_smile: We have a lot of people from the conference sector on here so hopefully you will pick up some new tips along the way and make some excellent new contacts. What is currently your biggest challenge?

Best wishes

Melissa

(Daniella Ayetigbo) #612

Thank you Melissa.
I’m based in London.

(Jess Denham) #613

Hi, I’m Jess, a freelance journalist based in SE London. I’m interested in pretty much everything but especially all things music, art and culture. I’m hoping to learn more from all you EventProfs and hopefully help out with some useful posts on the Eventbrite blog in return!

(Olga Kovalova) #614

Thank you Melissa

Our biggest challenge is social media marketing

(Melissa Saunders) #615

It’s a massive challenge for most of us! I’ve found it to be mainly trial and error and somethings work better on one type of event than an other. Is there anything specific on social media you’re struggling with?

(Monica McQueen) #616

Hello! I am the Events Manager at a tech company in Scottsdale, Arizona in the U.S. Not sure if this group is primarily for UK-based folks, but I happened upon it in searching for some help and found it useful. We actually are expanding into Europe and London is on our list for later this year, so I may find this group to be extremely useful. I owned a wedding and event planning company for 12 years prior to conference planning full-time the past 4 years. Cheers!

(Melissa Saunders) #617

Hi Monica, great to have you on board and you are very welcome! We are global now with members dotted across the globe. Glad to hear you’ve already found the site useful. What challenges are you coming across in your European expansion?

(Sara Strijbosch-Ali) #618

Hi I’m Sara and I’m the Head of Events for JUGS Malta

(Melissa Saunders) #619

Hi Sara, welcome to EventTribe and thanks for introducing yourself! What’s your biggest challenge at the moment?

(Kathryn Webb) #620

Hi, i am 3 months into a new role as a operations and event manager at a leisure centre/local council. I organised a small Christmas fayre just after i started and now moving onto our major event of the year. A FREE Armed forces day event. I have managed to source some of my own things to change it up from the previous years so hopefully its a success.

Thanks

(Belinda Booker) #621

That’s a great acronym! What does it stand for?

(Belinda Booker) #622

Congratulations on your new role Kathryn. What have you found to be your biggest challenges so far?

(Kathryn Webb) #623

The events side is a whole new world to me so i have been learning how to do everything from scratch, the leisure centre side is a walk in the park with 6 years under my belt. My predecessor was long gone before i started so have had to learn on my own which has been hard.

What i’m working on now is finding the right people for my Armed forces day event and finding the right contacts for things. It’s such a big event for the community that i’m worried about letting them down and not being as good as previous years.