Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!

gettingstarted

(Hilary) #644

Hi there, so I am new to this tribe, but not new to events, my career span’s 20 years in the industry and in that time I have worked across the spectrum of events delivering over a 1,000 events from fabulous exceptional events and occasions to cutting edge corporate events. I have recently set up a new company ‘The Brand Activators’ Anyone in need of support, coaching, consultancy please do just get in-touch.

(Melissa Saunders) #645

Hi Hilary, welcome aboard! Great to have you join us especially with so much experience to draw on. What’s currently your biggest challenge with the new venture?

(Hilary) #646

Hi Melissa, thanks and great to connect. My biggest challenge is not to get involved with so many events at the same time! My experience is pretty vast so I consult quite a lot, there has never been a better time to be in the industry, events are really starting to push the boundaries as so many companies look to live experiences to present their brands in new ways, by using tech and embracing the capabilities of digital - so its really tough not to get to hands on, as that’s what I love!

(Melissa Saunders) #647

Nice problem to have Hilary!

(Lady Rayne Mc Cloud) #648

But its getting close and I am getting nervous . is it a sin to push the date out more?

(Melissa Saunders) #649

Thanks for confirming. I’d amp up your social media activity, include more videos and set it up as an event on social media which people can then share /invite people too. If you haven’t already, I’d talk tot the venue and see what they can do to push it out through their channels e.g. website, social media, email, cards on tables, announcements on other gig nights. Is there anything you can do with local media? Interviews? Competitions? “Bringing” and just one t on buffet.

Let us know how you get on. If you’re trying to establish this in a new area you’re probably doing many of the right things, it’s just going to take time unfortunately but keep going!! Good luck!

(Richard Millington) #650

Hi everyone, Wanted to quickly introduce myself to the group.

I help companies build online communities. I was hired by eventtribe a few months ago to help them further develop their community. I’ve already spoken with and interviewed a bunch of you already.

I used to run events for event professionals for 200 to 500 people both in London and San Francisco. I’m hoping to learn a lot more about the community and the work you’re all doing.

(Gabrielle Gant) #652

Hi! I’m Gabrielle and I’ve stared a new job planing events for a software company based in the UK. The company runs regular industry meet-ups and an annual e-commerce event with over 800 guests which I will be responsible for! I’m looking to pick up tips from other’s experiences so help me become a brilliant event coordinator.
Gabrielle

(Melissa Saunders) #653

Thanks Richard & great working with you!

(Melissa Saunders) #654

Hi Gabrielle, welcome aboard and congratulations on the new job! Were you working in events before?

(Gabrielle Gant) #655

I’ve planned small scale events and retail events in my previous Fashion Marketing roles but this is my first Events Coordinator role. I’m really excited as Events has always been my favourite part of past jobs.

(Melissa Saunders) #656

Brilliant! What do you think is going to be your biggest challenge?

(Gabrielle Gant) #657

I think my biggest challenge is going to be making sue that everything is as organised as possible in advanced, as we only have a couple of hours to set up on the evening before the event. I’ve also got to manage our staff so making sure everyone knows their job on the day will be key!

(Adam Howard) #658

Hi there. My name is Adam and I have run a small, local event for the past 3 years and I am in the process of organising year 4. The events are small and sports based with a rugby focus. I organise everything in my spare time at the moment alongside a full time job. I am aiming to make this the biggest year yet so the articles and comments I have read so far are so interesting and useful! I would be interested to hear from anyone who has taken a small event which has been run basically as a hobby and scaled it up into a full time business. Any tips/things to avoid?
Thanks, looking forward to contributing where I can!

(Melissa Saunders) #659

Hi Adam, lovely to have you on board. Well done on making this all happen. How are you planning to grow the event this year?

(Alphine A Bayoh) #660

Hi all,

My name is Alphine, I am a contributor at The Event Chauffeur (corporate and private startup event management company) based in London. I am currently working on a new way to promoting events (starting with london). I have an audition date set for the 3rd March 2018 for presenters and I need a venue for 2-3 hours to host the audition. I am also looking for a graphic designer to work with on this project and future projects.

Thank you for your support

Kind Regards

Alphine

(Melissa Saunders) #661

Hi Alphine, welcome to EventTribe!. Great to have you on board.

I’ve just replied to your post re an audition venue with some suggestions so I hope that’s helpful. With regard to a graphic designer I will send you a private message with a recommended contact’s details.

Best wishes

Melissa

(Alphine A Bayoh) #662

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for reaching out. I appreciate your support, and I’ll look into your recommendations.

Kind Regards

Alphine

(Melissa Saunders) #663

No problem Alphine. Best of luck!

(Adam Howard) #664

Hi Melissa, thanks for having me excited to explore the chats and articles some very useful stuff so far! I have expanded the numbers of sports on offer and added a few more bits to entertain those coming as a spectator. It’s just making that next step to making it a legitimate business which seems so intimidating! Thanks