Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!

gettingstarted

(Zane Wheelan) #665

Hi guys. I’m working in an events company and would be very happy to list our upcoming events with everyone. :slight_smile:

(Melissa Saunders) #666

Hi Zane, welcome to EventTribe. I’ve replied directly to your post re listing your events. Whereabouts will your events be held? Perhaps some of our members may be able to recommend websites you can list them on.

(Belinda Booker) #667

You might like this article about people running events on the side:

(Courtney Jocelyn) #668

Hey Everyone!

I’m Courtney , I’m from Leeds and I am an Event and Festival management graduate, I have some fantastic experience working on a selection of different events however my preference lies within Festivals / Music Events / Cultural Events.

Due to the end of my contract on 31st Jan I am currently looking for my next exciting opportunity within the industry, but in the meantime I am looking at starting a selection of my own Pop Up events across my city.

It’s so wonderful to be a part of this community and I can’t wait to explore all the articles and resources on here and learn some new things!

:slight_smile:

(Melissa Saunders) #670

Hi Courtney, welcome aboard! Good luck with the job hunt. With regard to the pop up events, will that be music/cultural?

(Courtney Jocelyn) #671

Hey Melissa, thanks for having me!

I’m in the process of compiling a list of viable event options, I am fortunate to live in a city with LOADS of venues which are happy to host pop-ups.
I think I may start with music and branch out from there. I am hoping to utilise a selection of venues and produce events which differ each time!

(Melissa Saunders) #672

Sounds great!

(Anthony Johnson ) #673

Hi everyone,
My name is Anthony Johnson and I am the founder and executive director at Youth Zone Fitness. We specializes in helping schools and community education programs raise funds from individuals, corporations, and foundations through youth sporting events. Most of our events are sports camps, races, and tournaments. We do a great job at finding local donors and sponsors, but have challenging time finding corporate sponsorships.

(Tamisha Cheatham) #674

Hi there!

My name is Tamisha Cheatham. I am the project coordinator at the Anderson Institute on Race and Ethnicity on the campus of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Currently, I am working on two events–a commemoration ceremony and a mini-conference. I’m also planning a student trip to NYC. I’m busy, busy, busy!

(Vineethreddy Nalla) #675

Hi,I’m new to EventTribe. I’m presently doing my Maters in Information Systems ,Pace University New York.I’m a technology enthusiast and I’m keen on attending Events/workshops related to Information Technology in and around New York City.

(Melissa Saunders) #676

Hi Anthony, welcome to EventTribe! Your sports event work sounds really positive. With regard to finding corporate sponsorship you might find some useful advice on one of these threads from our recent sponsorship themed week:

Hope you find those helpful. Is there any particular aspect of obtaining corporate sponsorship you’re struggling with?

(Melissa Saunders) #677

Hi Tamisha, sounds like you definitely are busy, busy, busy!! :grinning: Thanks for joining us on EventTribe. What is your biggest challenge at the moment?

(Melissa Saunders) #678

Hi Vineethreddy, welcome to EventTribe. I hope your Maters is going well. There is so much development happening in eventtech - which aspect of it are you most interested in?

(Vineethreddy Nalla) #679

Thanks Melissa for a positive response.I’m more interested in fields like Bigdata,Coding, Artificial intelligence,Hadoop,Python.

(Tamisha Cheatham) #680

Right now my biggest challenge is keeping up with all of the moving parts (vendors, partners, volunteers, etc.) and making sure all deadlines are met. I use Teamwork online task management software and it’s great for keeping up with milestones and deadlines, as well as with monitoring progress. However, even with such an excellent task management tool I still worry that I’ve missed or overlooked something. Afterall, task management software is only as good as the user.

(Melissa Saunders) #681

Oooh, I totally understand that challenge. Always think it’s like that magic act where they try to keep all the plates spinning on top of each pole. Sure you have everything under control!

The software sounds good. Will investigate that next time I’m juggling!

(Melissa Saunders) #682

Great stuff. I find the developments in AI particularly fascinating and a bit scarey!!

(Adam Howard) #683

Hi Belinda, this is brilliant thank you! Loving the stuff available it’s so useful!

(James Nesbitt) #684

Hi, 15+ years in events, started my own cyber security and digital infrastructure events business five years ago, still going strong :slight_smile: Not without its challenges!

(Melissa Saunders) #685

Hi James, thanks for introducing yourself. What’s the biggest challenge for you at the moment?