Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!

gettingstarted

(Belinda Booker) #770

Welcome Michelle. I think the best thing you can do in the situation is limit the tickets you make available and perhaps create a wait list? Tell people the tickets are strictly limited and specifically ask them to notify you in the event they are unable to make it so their place can be allocated to someone else. This should (hopefully) make them more conscientious about dropping out. Depending on how many attendees you have, you could reach out to them personally beforehand to check they are still coming. This will reinforce the idea that places are scarce and help you to start building a relationship with them. Let us know how you get on!

(Melissa Saunders) #771

Hi Michelle, thanks for joining us on here. Good to read that you’re making progress on the retention rate though this still remains a challenge. If you haven’t got the resources to ring everyone, it might be worth sending everyone who has registered a reminder text. One of the text broadcast companies I use quotes the open rate for texts as 98% so it’s much harder to ignore than an email. I think it’s worth a try if you haven’t already.

As well as contacting provisional attendees to encourage them to turn up I would follow up with the ‘no shows’ too to explore why they didn’t come and find out if there’s anything you can do in future to overcome those barriers.

You might also find this thread helpful: What no-show rate do you expect at free events?

Best of luck!

(Jonathan Downie) #772

Hi there,
I am Dr Jonathan Downie. I am a consultant interpreter, which means that as well as being a conference and business interpreter between English and French, I build interpreting teams and work closely with AV suppliers. I can also give advice on creating effective international events.

I am based in Edinburgh but have travelled around the UK and Europe for you.

Right now, I am working on my second book, which talks about the future of interpreting given the rise in AI and I have a new free course, which helps event managers save time and money on interpreting. You can get that for free here: http://bit.ly/buying-1nt

I have two big challenges:

1. To become the preferred supplier for event management companies and event organisers who regularly organise international events and
  2. To grow awareness about my free course and all the tools it includes.

Happy for any feedback and help. And I am always happy to answer people’s queries about sourcing interpreters, briefing them, avoiding fakes and training speakers to behave themselves!

Jonathan

(Joe Atkinson) #773

Hi @promoterGO, I guess it depends on loads of factors really: budget is obviously always key. If you can afford it - and the audience expects it - I think it’s definitely worth paying for a single graphic designer to produce a coherent and harmonious scheme. If you can’t, there’s always fiverr.com. Or if you have links with local universities that teach graphic design, you could run a design competition for final year students: the winner gets to put the work in their portfolio.

(Sachin Bhalla) #774

I guess you get what you pay for…a $5 design is going to look like it cost $5 :wink:

Luckily, our site has designers dedicated to event designs, and having that niche available can only benefit event organisers (both new an experienced).

(Paul Knight) #777

Hi I’m Paul
I’m a freelancer organising events for a wide range of mainly not for profit clients.
Look forward to contributing

(Melissa Saunders) #778

Hi Jonathan, thanks for joining us on EventTribe. Sounds like it’s a very interesting time for you with developing technologies bringing new opportunities. How are you promoting yourself to event organisers? Do you exhibit at any events?

(Jonathan Downie) #779

Hi Melissa,

I attend quite a few events and try to meet people in person but haven’t managed to squirrel away the budget for a stand yet. I have, however, spoken at events and use social media and networking. The tricky thing is to find a regular networking event that event managers go to. Tradeshows are great but there aren’t as many of them as you might think for this industry.

At the moment, I am concentrating on content marketing and livetweeting from tradeshows. It got me two meetings last week at a show. I am definitely open to new ideas and places to go. Is CHS worth the journey?

(Stepanova Victoria) #780

Hey! I have started working in event management 7 months ago. Always wanted to try myself in this field but never had a chance to do it really.
I’m working for an international company in Prague, Czech Republic. Well, I face different issues all the time (trying to find a perfect location, fast catering, cheap photographer), so I hope I will be able to solve it somehow here.

(Phanice) #781

Hello.
I am Phanice, I love to create great experiences for others to network and learn. I come up with event concepts, fundraise for them, plan and manage from start to finish.
I am excited at the opportunity to connect with people from around the world and from diverse cultures to help me jump my business.
My events are engaging, interactive, inclusive, and fun. I have overseen planning for a number of events, from annual conferences, retreats, expos, training, medical camps, surgical camps and ice breaker events.
I am from Nairobi, Kenya, Africa.
I am working on two corporate events for hoteliers and beauticians and also a health festival.
I am also actively seeking funding and investment for my business.

(Romylyn Bagos) #782

Hello, Im Romylyn Bagos, they know me as Lovely,my nickname, 35years of age, a mother of 1 and at the same time an Event Organizer of different companies here in our Country,the Philippines. Im working on putting our own Event Company here in our province in Bulacan where i stayed. Most of the clients are Manila based. I want to have the perfect name for our business as an Event Company( Planning and Coordination Services) to start putting in order. Thank you and Godbless

(Melissa Saunders) #783

Hi Jonathan, this might be of interest to you: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-edinburgh-event-society-tickets-44218477657utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order_confirmation_email&utm_term=eventname&ref=eemailordconf as suggested by @KarenMelville (thanks Karen).

(Melissa Saunders) #784

Hi Paul, welcome to EventTribe. Great to have you join us. What’s the biggest challenge you face with not for profit events at the moment?

(Melissa Saunders) #785

Hi there, welcome to EventTribe. Sounds like you have a few challenges on your hands. What kind of events do you work on?

(Melissa Saunders) #786

Hi Phanice, welcome to EventTribe! Wow, you’re busy! I feel tired just reading about everything you are busy with. Is the funding your biggest challenge at the moment?

(Melissa Saunders) #787

Hi Romylyn/Lovely, welcome to EventTribe. What kind of events will you be organising?

(Phanice) #788

Thank you. Yes funding is my biggest challenge currently

(Melissa Saunders) #789

Hi again! Is there much funding available for your kind of events?

You might find these blogs on funding your event helpful: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/blog/8-ways-to-finance-your-event-idea-ds00/
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/blog/crowdfund-your-brilliant-new-event-idea-ds00/
Best of luck. Let us know how you get on!

(Charlie Wakley) #790

Hey everyone! I am the community coordinator at the Church of Scientology London and our Life Improvement Centre. I work with our community groups on human rights, drug education etc and work with other like minded charities.

We offer space for other communities and like minded groups to use.

Let me know if you need anything!

(Alexandra Hughes) #791

Hi there, my name is Alex I work for the World Cetacean Alliance working on developing their training courses. The challenges that I am facing so far are knowing exactly where to advertise our training courses and spend our limited advertising budget. I’m also trying to get my head around all the weird and wonderful things that Eventbrite can do! Nice to meet you all.