Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!

gettingstarted

(Belinda Booker) #876

Thanks for saying hello, Stephen. What do you find to be the most challenging aspect of organising your training courses?

(Belinda Booker) #877

Welcome Yasmeen. Have you checked out Eventbrite? You can limit the number of tickets available , ask custom questions at registration, set up a wait list and accept a wide range of payment methods.

With regards to making sure registrants turn up, it’s better to levy at least a small fee for tickets. You might be interested in the discussion on this thread:

(Racheel Callis) #878

Hi all,

Signing up to the community to allow me to gain new ideas and info from the group.
I have been working in the Events industry for about 15 years, in various sectors, currently I arrange Exhibition stands in Trade shows for a distribution company.
Not really facing any big challenges at the moment.
I really just wanted to join an event professional community.
Looking forward to being a part of things to come!

(Belinda Booker) #879

Welcome! If you see any threads where you can share your experience, please do :smiley:

(Leon Wilding) #880

Good evening everyone!

As a newbie, I thought it would be a good idea to post on this topic! I have recently taken a big step and start my own events planning business. I will also be organising my own events too.

I am in the process of organising my first event to help gain some recognition and experience. It is going to be a fundraising evening, raising money for ‘Rethink Mental Illness’ (a mental health charity). As I personally experience anxiety and depression, I want to be able to give back to those who work tirelessly to help others living with mental health issues but also, my event will be to raise awareness and stamp out the stigma against mental health.

I still have an awful lot to learn but my dedication and ambitious attitude will help me on my way to success :slight_smile: I am very happy to be a part of this community and I look forward to learning more from fellow event planners and organizers.

Have a great weekend everyone!

(Belinda Booker) #881

That sounds like a great event to get started with, Leon. What are you planning for the evening? How far along are you? Have you booked your venue yet?

(Leon Wilding) #882

Thank you Belinda! I am quite far with the process already. It is going to be a nightclub environment targeting party goers and tourists that are here in Blackpool as the season is still in full swing but also, will appeal to the locals.

I am organizing a raffle during the night and I have already networked with friends, local businesses and business owners who have kindly offered to donate prizes. Prizes range from a case of wine to 25% on a hair or nail beauty session and a pamper package. Originally, the event was going to take place in one venue which I have already sourced at no charge as a friend of mine owns the venue. Now however, I have been approached by another friend of mine who owns one of Blackpool’s newest and best bars with the prospect of using their venue to. instead of turning down the opportunity, I have been proactive and have changed my idea to one that can benefit the use of both venues and I have had the idea of running the charity event over consecutive days! One venue on a Friday and one venue on a Saturday. Although the use of the second venue isn’t set in stone, I have conversed with the owner and have an arranged phone call tomorrow in the AM to pitch the event ideas to him. Either way, I am prepared for both outcomes, whether it is a go ahead for both venues over 2 nights or just the one night in one venue.

So I am very much looking forward to proceeding with the event and being able to have a time and day/s in mind for the event to take place. I want to raise as much money as possible.

Thank you for your reply Belinda and I hope you like the details and update on my actions so far.

Best regards,
Leon.
(Mr Venue Pro)

PS, I have also attached the graphic design I have had made for the event so far (I hope you all like it)

(William Mira) #883

Hello,

Its William here on behalf of Afrobeats Fridays Bristol a growing event promoter in Bristol promoting African Culture and Music in the South West. We are looking to stage what we call a Mini Festival or “Park Event” here family friendly type. If there are any festival organisers or event production manager able to organise on our behalf please get in touch. Thanks.

(Belinda Booker) #884

Great to meet you William @AFbristol . If you’re seeking to hire someone, can I suggest you also post in the Event Jobs category? Best of luck with it!

(Belinda Booker) #885

Looks great, Leon. Definitely too good an opportunity to turn down the second venue - the fact that it’s new should help attract attention. We have a quite a lot members in the charity/fundraising event sector, so do post a question if you get stuck.

(Belinda Booker) #886

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mentor wanted/mentorship offered - post here!

(Belinda Booker) #887

I haven’t done a welcome in a little while, so here goes… A big hello to all our newest members! Please get involved and ask a question or join a conversation, if you haven’t already!

@Petal BISON, Event Manager
@Rabbi EITAN, Rabbi
@maia3 Freelancer
@Marv Events, Event manager
@Nhung Freelancer, Event manager
@ozlevy IsraelClouds, Content Manager
@zvi_rozenberg webhose, Sales
@la.su Girls Not Brides, Events Assistant
@thinkstartup Think Startup Conference, Event Manager
@Paella-caterer Paella by Antonio, Caterer
@Ross_Beattie Boothical, Photographer
@DFG18 Realogy Holdings Corporation, Executive Assistant
@Felix_Sim Get Out! Events, Co-Founder
@royalcater Royal cater, Operations
@PatrickLoia Freelancer, Event Manager
@bluebell Bluebell Global, Managing Director
@Ruuudt Mesh events, Event Organiser
@NewLeaf New Leaf Events, Co-Director
@ShantaB Freelancer, Marketing & Events Manager
@Jann Land Based Services, Owner
@AFbristol Afrobeats Fridays, Promoter
@Zuzanna_Marecka Gibraltar Productions, Festival Event Manager
@HeatherMaguire Ulster University, International Event Management
@vaishali_chitranshi tycc, Public relation
@CherylStevens NWG network, Network Manager
@frida BMS Performance, Marketing Executive
@sihah_waris Solugix Pvt Ltd, CEO
@harvirhayer Freelance, Marketing
@Jane_Rose_Antolijao student
@Leon_Wilding Mr Venue Pro, Owner
@ChrisL534 Cathay Playhouse INC, Executive Producer
@rachelcallis Burton Mccall Ltd, Event & Exhibitions Coordinator
@JessicaLiu EVNT7051, Leader of Ticketing Team
@Bootlegged bootlegged events, event manager
@Amandachase Chase Events, Principal Coordinator
@DiWin Winpenny Weddings and Events, Director
@hautecoutureevents Haute Couture Events, Planner

(Usha Chadha) #888

Thank you @Belinda_Booker. Looking forward to sharing thoughts, ideas, tips etc with the community.

(Dan Spencer) #889

Hi. I’m new to the forum, but definitely not new to event work. I’ve got lots of experience organising large scale camps and other scouting events, and used to work in event safety.

I now run an outdoor activity company, called Moving Mountains, and we’re trying to get our name out there to event organisers, as well as organising our own events (e.g. school holiday clubs, family fun days, etc) at our site near Bristol.

From a day to day point of view our activities include archery, bushcraft and orienteering. We recently ran a bushcraft stand at the South Gloucestershire Show, and archery at a local fete, and would love to get into more events, ideally without incurring huge costs as a relatively new company.

Any tips, ideas, etc much welcomed!!

Thanks

(Belinda Booker) #890

Hey Dan, good to have you with us. Did you hear about the new events trade show launching in Bristol in Jan. It could be a great place to exhibit if you’re looking to promote your activities to corporate event organisers?

(Belinda Booker) #891

Fantastic. What are you working on at the moment?

(Usha Chadha) #892

An event at the end of November to showcase New Leaf. It’s promotional, so the venue has offered us no-fee usage in return for promoting its sites. Am looking for a catering company that might want equal exposure . We have an impressive corporate guest list so exposure is industry-wide and could be a valuable marketing opportunity for any supplier wanting to partner with us. The format is a Murder Mystery dinner.

(Charlie Wakley) #893

Hey all,

Had some lovely people get in touch and hold successful events through us from this feed so thank you.

Again we have conference rooms, seminar spaces and an events hall for use by charities, non profits and community groups for free in central London at the following venue:

Church of Scientology London, 146 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4V 4BY.

Church of Scientology of London
Tour | Church of Scientology of London
It is with great pride we welcome you to London’s Church of Scientology. Our Church and this city have long loomed large in Scientology history, for it was in London…

Get in touch if you need anything!

Charlie Wakley
charlie.wakley@scientology.net

(Belinda Booker) #894

That’s brilliant. What part of the country is this taking place? You could always post in the suppliers wanted category to see if any local caterers wanted to partner with you on this?

(Usha Chadha) #895

@Belinda_Booker - the venue is in central London. Thanks for the tip - I think I will post as you’ve suggested. :slight_smile: