Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!

gettingstarted

(Alistair McMillan) #937

Hello everyone!

I have taken over the sales & events at Hedingham Castle in Essex. The venue is predominantly a wedding venue but we also hold a variety of events throughout the year such as medieval recreations, jousting, vintage days and classic car days

I am looking to expand the event offering and looking for new and interesting stalls, entertainment etc that would suit the venue.

Please visit the website at www.hedinghamcastle.co.uk if you would like more info on the venue!

(Belinda Booker) #938

Hi Nicola, great to have you on board! We have a lot of members in the charity sector - maybe start a thread to start crowdsourcing some event ideas?

(Belinda Booker) #939

Hi Alistair, what a beautiful venue! Are you doing any Christmas parties?

(Alistair McMillan) #940

Hello!

I was planning on Xmas Parties but havent managed to get them off the ground this year. I’ve not been here long. I’m going to have another run at it for next year.

(Belinda Booker) #941

It certainly looks like the perfect spot for a festive gathering!

(Belinda Booker) #942

We have a beautiful bunch of new members this week. Welcome to you all. Do stop by and say hello and please use your experience to chip in and help out on any threads where you can. :relaxed:

@baytalinsaan baytalinsaan, Organizer
@Elena UNWTO, Project Associate
@Ololade Demoweek, Public Relations Officer
@ariv UN SDG Action Campaign, Communications Assistant
@ChantelA University, Event Assistant
@lily_bpevents Blueprint Events, Event Producer
@martinlavers Engineers events, Event manager
@merijn Bankie, Director Business Sales / Marketing
@SacredJP Sacred (Artist & Event Management), Event Producer
@mikeep613 Strawberry Squad, Talent Buyer
@Dilyara_Vafina Jadeworldrus, Manager
@Enrico_Chiolo Freelance, Growth Hacker
@Stephan_Eyeson Networkafter, Founder

(mufaro mapanda) #943

Hi my name is Mufaro Mapanda and I am the CEO/Founder of Hope for African Communities UK. We are a newly registered non governmental organisation registered in the UK and Zimbabwe. We work with widows. orphans and the disabled ,with the aim of turning round the lives of these vulnerable individuals. We are currently operating in Zimbabwe but we hope to move to other African countries.
We are determined to achieve this by empowering them through sustainable projects. We are not going to give them fish but teach them to fish.

As we are in the process of setting up our organisation every little helps so if you have anything that can help us grow.

Thanks and God bless

(Belinda Booker) #944

Welcome Mufaro, sounds like a great initiative. What sort of events will you be organising?

(mufaro mapanda) #945

We will be doing black tie dinner dance for valentine, cheese and wine events,quiz nights.
As we are newly registered and we have no money,it will be our first event and we will want to do our best hence looking for a free venue.
Thanks

(Aimee Bennett) #946

Hi everyone,
I’ve been working in events in the events world for over 10 years now. I started my events career with an AV company and then got a position working for Visit York, planning some of their city festivals and was subsequently moved onto their York Convention Bureau team. I recently moved to Switzerland with my husband and was successful in starting a career with HelmsBriscoe (a global venue finding company). I’m currently trying to build my client base. Would love to speak to other freelance venue finding agents about how they built a loyal client base. I also have lots of experience in event/conference planning, marketing and UK event venues so looking forward to sharing my knowledge.
Thanks,
Aimee

(Belinda Booker) #947

Will the guests be buying their own drinks? You can hire lovely spaces like this for a minimum spend of just £50

(Belinda Booker) #948

Lovely to have you with us, Aimee. You might be able to offer some advice to Julianne?

In terms of members who are venue bookers, I know these guys from Venue Search London joined a few weeks back:
@poppyoulton Senior Account Executive
@KimberleighLloyd Sales Director
@Gemma Senior Account Manager

(Juan Cardona) #949

Hi everybody! I’m Juan Cardona, Recruitment Marketer at Bunny Inc. We are an online platform of creative services and my job is to find the best possible candidates to fill the roles that open up as we grow. I’m currently experimenting with different types of online and live events. I’m really interested in learning about measuring success at such an early stage of the effort.

(Belinda Booker) #950

Hi Juan. Great to have you. We have a few members in recruitment; @LouiseTriance is one of them. She has wide experience of both online and offline events, so might be able to help you if you have any industry-specific questions.

(Belinda Booker) #951

We have a bumper crop of new members to welcome! If you haven’t already, come say hello :hugs:

@KRH British Red Cross|Volunteer
@freebies Hope for African Communities UK|CEO/Founder
@Asad.Rasheed Freelancer|Software Architect
@mpaacademy MPA Academy LTD|Director
@Dora Dora de A. Prado|holistic therapist
@mattyp mnc|blogger
@Nigel Freelancer
@SchoolOfGoddesses Freelancer|Event Organizer
@renjireghunadh Freelance|Trainer & Philanthropist
@David_nalbandian eventsurvey360|digital marketing
@REHAN_KHAN Management Events|Manager
@snethemba EThekwini Municipality|receptionist
@Amira_Yahyaoui Mos|CEO
@Danielle_U worldwideevents,com|Senior Event Creator
@Daveburton HDC|Manager
@kathrynstokes PAM Insight|Events Coordinator
@Khush DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge Hotel|Sales Manager
@MINISTERIO_agricultu gobierno de cordoba|cordoba en expoagro
@mansoor_ansar SEWA|Finance Manager
@nelita Freelancer|Global events manager
@patrickbaker Abacus|Event planner
@ebliss IGN|Sr. Manager, Events & Marketing
@InspireandRewire Inspire & Rewire|Owner Inspire & Rewire
@ReasonsToLoveLB Reasons To Love Long Beach|Man with a plan
@fatcats freelancer|organiser
@Juank Bunny Inc.|Recruitment Marketer
@elenac Freelancer|Beauty
@Hisham The Spot App|Founder
@IvanK Nasa ideja d.o.o.|Manager
@annuys Liquorice Digitas|Account Manager
@1114 Smartiee|Managing Partner
@Cbrown28 Mortimer Park|Events Manager
@Shoreditch Shoreditch London|Marketing & Events
@Alexandra_Ruse1 Techmeetups|Global Manager
@Darkspark Thcsd.com|CEO
@Hod Freelancer|full stack developer
@Amarajohnson Money catch|manager at money catch
@SAC Starving Artist Collab|Artrepreneur
@sarahmvaloso sValoso|Marketing Manager
@whitetiger Live Shows Inc.|Planning Assistant
@plasticfree University of Gloucestershire|Events management student
@Mel behindtheseamslv.com|Owner
@Chide Ardour event|CEO, Ardour Event
@Scevola Freelancer|event manager

(Chantal Miller) #952

Hello everyone,
It’s great to be here! I am Chantal, the founder of a not for profit London based initiative called Island Girls Rock. We are all about supporting and building community through experiential events, workshops and mentoring.
Presently looking for a free workspace to hold our 2019 planning meeting and really struggling to find anywhere. We are happy to buy food and drink but can’t afford venue hire as we are small (5 of us) and a start up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks so much!

(Belinda Booker) #953

Hi Chantal, great to have you with us. Here are some venues with private spaces that can be hired for a minimum spend of £40-50 - just £10 a head if there are 5 of you.

(Chantal Miller) #954

Thanks so much Belinda. Will check them all out!

(Belinda Booker) #955

Hello, hello to our very newest members :exclamation: Happy Monday to you - what are you working on right now :question:

@Aleksandra Aleksandra Sipyagina, LOVAT COMPLIANCE LTD, Marketing Director
@Embrangle AMBER BOND, Glitter Artist
@Chanti Chantal Miller, Island Girls Rock, Founder
@chathuub Chathurika Bandara, Freelance Event Planner
@ediphoto EDI P, EDI Photography, Photographer
@Hamam Hamam Alhattab, Islamic Relief Sweden, Event & volunteers coordinator
@HollyD Holly, ICA Membership & Events Executive
@JoLewis Joanne Lewis, International Compliance Association, Head of Retail Membership
@NicoPaulangelo Nico Paulangelo, Dispensa dei Tipici, Marketing, Communication, PR
@RachelK Rachel Kerr, CW, Event Manager
@raelans Raewyn Lans, ACFID, Member and Stakeholder Engagement
@sleekray Raymond Nyenje, Afro*disiac Live Radio, Events Manager
@CellarDoorCinema Vicky Dunham, CellarDoor Cinema, Co-partner

(Nico Paulangelo) #956

Hello!

I’ll answer as soon as possible :smiley: