Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!

Welcome to The Tribe newbies! What are you all working on currently? :man_factory_worker:

@AnneF Classes/Workshops/Seminars|RISE|Project Lead/Researcher
@Iryna Conferences|1984|Interpreter, Lecturer
@Bijcodegeel Corporate Events|bij.CODEGEEL|Event Concepter
@tamsingc Corporate Events|Freelance|Events Manager
@Sharaaz Festivals (Music)|All Night Agency|Creative Director
@Kampelj Networking|Cloud Conformity|Cloud Security Evangelist
@AwakeNorth Other|Awaken North|Managing Director
@samanrana95 Other|al-burraq.com|BDE
@Stella Other|Event|Future Events Manager
@Hello_skalo Show/Exhibition/Convention|Company|Event manager
@Adedeji Student/Education Events|Freelancer|Student
@lichrich Supplier|Lichfield Entertainments|MD
@katiesandys Weddings|sandysonthemove.com|Event Manager

And more new members to welcome! Hello to you all :wave: Please introduce yourself to the group…

@anncha Charity|Freelancer / ACP Events|Event Manager
@Sharmini Classes/Workshops/Seminars|Life Works Life Coaching|Life coach
@sophiawebber Corporate Events|Altitude London|Account Executive
@Tanyi_Melvis Corporate Events|Infinity Blog Awards|Founder, Infinity Blog Awards
@Andy_lockey Festivals (Music)|jst.org.uk|Special Event Manager
@izzyrhodes Festivals (Music)|Freelancer|Researcher
@Eps Freelancer|Event Designer
@busyroad ROC Aire Consulting Ltd|Chief Analytic Officer
@Umair_Zubairi Altinbas University|Student
@vipulnmehta Venue|The Zarah|Promoter
@Fasihuddin Online Events|Quickstart|Digital Marketing Manager
@JustVenue Just Venue|Head of Marketing

Hi all, new member here.

What you do (please don’t pitch or sell!)
I’m a jazz musician who runs a quartet called Blues de Minuit (www.bluesdeminuit.co.uk). We play background music for corporate events, networking evenings & dinner parties.

Where you come from
London

What you’re working on
Building a solid brand as the go-to quartet when live music shouldn’t overpower conversation :slight_smile:

What challenges you have (we can probably help!)
I prefer to market and sell what we do by myself, rather than through music agencies (although I admit now this would be easier haha). This means learning a lot about the events industry from scratch for me, so it’s a big learning curve understanding budgets etc. for venues/events managers/wedding planners. Hoping to soak up loads of knowledge here and add my experiences as a musician re. live music at events.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

My name is Rex. I am not fully into the event business because my venture is basically online.

I am into affiliate marketing of premium event/party domain names among others for inclined businesses requiring ideal and suitable names for their company and/or websites. For example: FreshlySet.com

Currently, I manage a website where I post and update premium domains for prospective businesses in the events and other industries to buy . The site is called… BusyRoad.

Regardless of not being fully in the event industry, I have always cherished its culture and touch especially how much devotion and creativity is put into making an event one that becomes highly memorable. And for me to be here is a privilege to connect with great minds alike.

Thanks guys for this wonderful platform.

Cheers.

1 Like

Welcome Robert. Love the promo video on your homepage. Very cool!

Welcome Rex. I hope you find it useful here :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Belinda. I hope so too.

1 Like

Hi,

I am representative of the company, Dewina Consult in Malaysia. What we do is basically training, seminar, talk and consultation in Food Safety and Halal.

The challenge that we face are;

1. No-show for free talk/seminar
  2. Less attendee on paid talk/seminar/courses

Looking forward to learn more with everyone here.

1 Like

Hi @DewinaConsult, great to meet you. Are you saying that you don’t sell enough tickets when you charge for them, and when you give them away free, you get a lot of no-shows?

No-shows is a topic we’ve discussed a lot on here. It’s wise to plan for around 50% of people not turning up, therefore you should oversell to account for this. i.e aim to get 100 people registered if you want 50 to attend.

With regards to selling tickets, what marketing/promotion do you do currently? Check out the Promoting Your Event category for some ideas and feel free to start a thread if you want any advice.

A big EventTribe welcome to our newest members! We’d love to hear from you, so please do take a moment to introduce yourself if you haven’t already. We don’t bite! :japanese_ogre:

@Leilazh312 Charity|Frontline|Events and Fundraising Officer
@DewinaConsult Classes/Workshops/Seminars|Dewina Consult Sdn Bhd|Food Safety & Halal Consultant
@Efrat Classes/Workshops/Seminars|Aztek Technologies|Marketing manager
@neil Classes/Workshops/Seminars|Private|Owner
@petesonpeter Classes/Workshops/Seminars|virgin rose resorts|hotel
@Belia Corporate Events|Eventbrite|Manager/Event
@Vaibhavi_Soni Corporate Events|AddWeb Solution|Business Development
@ajaftha Experiential/Brand Events|Consultant|Consultant
@saltystudio Experiential/Brand Events|Salty Studio|Founder
@caseycampfire Freelancer|c will productions|public relations practitioner
@PractiProject I don’t directly work with events|PractiProject|CEO
@cordell Networking|Small Apartment Investors|Founder
@Rotem_Carmely Networking|Clustered|CEO
@RouteArrows_eu Sports|Event Supplies|Owner

Hi everyone

My name is Leila, and I run some of the events for social work charity, Frontline. We are based in London, and we are working to transform the social work profession in England for children and families who rely on it.

As a charity, we have grown over the past couple of years, and so has the number of meetings and events we run, and the audience size. For example next financial year, we are looking to run 19 events. The audience size varies from 20people to 500 people.

I am looking for an invitation and registration solution which we can use for all of our events across the organisation. Ideally, I would like for this to integrate and automatically update our Salesforce system. I would also like for attendees to be directed to our website to sign up for events.

Does anyone know whether Eventbrite has this option? I have also had a look at Brown Paper Tickets, and Ticket Tailor as an option. Any advice would be helpful.

(I forgot to mention that all events we host at the moment are free of charge to those who are invited to attend).

Best wishes

1 Like

Hi Leila, sounds like you must be busy! Eventbrite does have an app for Salesforce integration: https://www.eventbrite.com/apps/salesforce-by-zapier

You can also embed checkout into your own website:
https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Multi_Group_How_To/how-to-sell-eventbrite-tickets-on-your-website-through-an-embedded-checkout

It is also free to use for free events, so could be a good option for you?

Hello my name is Asen business development expert, I work with Bulgarian and international companies on the free e-business market. Good business offers are always around us, we just have to make the right choice so I’m glad I’m part of the tribe!

Hi,

I’ve just started in the event industry as of February, working for a broadcast and live video production company called OFilms. My background is in Project Management so there’s a fair bit of overlap having come from the IT sphere and also lots to learn!

I’m currently working on planning the video production for a sports awards ceremony in a few weeks’ time.

Glad to be here - as someone who works from home it’s great to find an online community like this!

1 Like

Welcome Gareth! Sounds like an interesting role, even if you are mostly home-based. Do you go on site on event day?

Thanks Belinda. It’s been really interesting so far and yes, getting out to events and working with the teams in person is definitely a highlight!

1 Like

Hi, My Weekend Plan is the leading events and team building company in Malaysia that develops and provides the most fun and creative activities!

Check us out! My weekend plan

Hello and welcome to our new EventTribers! If you haven’t already introduced yourself, please do so…

@jdrasdis3 Charity|PADCO|Head of Logistics
@whitelakepresb Charity|White Lake Presb Church|Event Coordinator
@qhctom Classes/Workshops/Seminars|qhcsg|manager
@GoldenCRI Conferences|goldencri |Washington Strategic Leadership Conference
@mrpatto Conferences|Help Scout|Customer Service Evangelist|
@AshleyWillson Corporate Events|TORO Enterprises Corp|Marketing
@jaymarketing Corporate Events|LE CAMP|Marketing
@Nikolina_Palavra Corporate Events|Sun Gardens Dubrovnik|Events Assistant
@myweekendplan Corporate Events|My Weekend Plan|Intern
@Pankajam Corporate Events |Freelancer
@mikestew89 Festivals (Music)|Thirty Two|Director
@abbyweaver Festivals (Non Music)|downtownpottsville.com|Marketing Director
@Trey3rissa Festivals (Non Music)|www.essendeiridescence.com|Owner/creator/craftsman|
@Clairebudd Freelancer|Freelancer Event Manager|Event manager
@LucyMartin Freelancer
@isemurphy Consultant|Event Manager
@Jonathan_Mudge Show/Exhibition/Convention|JELLYBEAN CREATIVE LTD|Exhibition Stand Designer
@Mia_Rax Show/Exhibition/Convention|Rax TENT|sales
@BardagSports Sports|Bardag Sports Academy|Borough Talent Organiser & CEO
@Gareth_Batten Supplier|OFilms|Operations and Business Development Manager
@kochieventmanagment Event Management Companies in Kochi
@Doyin_Fash Weddings|Doyin Fash|Doyin Fash
@giovanaduailibe Weddings|Belief Wedding Planners|CEO

Hello! I’m Mat Patterson from Help Scout, a software company making tools for customer-centric businesses. I’m here for a couple of reasons - to learn about event and conferences, as we’re sponsors and advisors to Support Driven events.

We also have noticed quite a few events professionals who manage their event communications through a Help Scout account. Part of my role at Help Scout is to produce useful guides and articles on how to deliver great service to customers / registrants / sponsors or whoever else you communicate with. That’s all on HelpU.

So I’m going to be listening in, learning a lot, sharing some advice where I can and maybe finding some ways to help you all share your stories with people who could learn from them!

1 Like

Hi Matthew, Help Scout looks like a good solution for large events that need to offer customer support at scale. You need an Eventbrite integration next!