Looking For Feedback

marketing
eventpromotions
promotion

(Sachin Bhalla) #1

I don’t want to spam anyone here, but I’ve recently written a blog article for the site I help run. The target audience is event planners/event organizers, so I’m wondering if anyone out there would be interested in giving me a little feedback on it.

It’s less than 500 words, and we have yet to post it publicly yet (waiting for the graphics team). I’m not entirely sure what the best way of sending/showing it would be, so I’m open to suggestions.

(Belinda Booker) #2

Hi Sachin, why don’t you post a link to a google doc and we can take a look?

(Sachin Bhalla) #3

Great idea, Belinda!

I’ve made it shareable for people to view, and taken out any links that say “Sign up” or something similar (also removed the links to other pages within the site, just to be safe).

Have a look: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KAeEo9rXX5tExdcbeWDaaN8Foa7-oTPTkXiOAw0D5VE/edit?usp=sharing

(Belinda Booker) #4

Hi Sachin, are you using this as a call to action piece? What do you want the reader to do after reading?

(Sachin Bhalla) #5

Hi Belinda,

Yes, this is a call to action piece…we are trying to get promoters/event professionals to sign up/register on the site. (I’d removed any sentences that mentioned that, so as to avoid looking like spam).

As well, within the article, there were several links within the sentences that took readers either to the registration page, “how it works” (which needs revamping), or another article.

It closed with “Sign Up Now!” as well.

(Belinda Booker) #6

My advice would be to make it a bit clearer in the copy what your message is. What are you trying to say? i.e. where do event flyers come into all of this and how will signing up with you help organisers “go beyond the expected”?

(Sachin Bhalla) #7

Thank you Belinda :slight_smile:

Always good to have another set of eyes looking at it (instead of just my partner, who trusts my writing a little too much).

(Belinda Booker) #8

No worries. I have a background in news reporting so and have had it hammered into me that you have to get your key message across near the top!