Looking for tips on keyword research

(Belinda Booker) #1

How do you identify the keywords you’re going to target for your SEO/PPC campaigns?

(Nick Lawson) #2

Think @alexvelinov will have some good tips on this one

(Alex Velinov) #3

Hi there,

Here is what I would recommend for event industry KWs research

• Use the event topic as main seed keywords
  • Think about other Kws which are synonyms of the event topic
  • Think what KWs event visitors are going to search if they want to visit your event
  • Use also some related kws as for example show sectors or products that will be presented at the event

Tools
Adwords/Bing Ads Keyword planner. There are different options you can create a kw list and check the search volume on some territory. If you happy with the result you can create your ads. If the volume is too low and you don’t have any ideas, you can check recommended kws based on your landing page, so that will give you at least some ideas. Keep in mind that there may be very broad kws within this suggestion that can easily eat your dail budget. so don’t target them if are not relevant.

Others

Organise your campaigns in a way that most valuable kws for you business to be separated from the other and be sure that you are not limited by the budget for this kws.
Talking about SEO you need to do the same research but you can easily target very low search volume terms (but still very valuable for you) or the one that will be “low search volume” for AdWords with proper on page optimisation and specific content

Hope all that will help. Any other question, happy to help

Alex

(Belinda Booker) #4

Hi Alex, this is really useful. Thanks so much for taking the time to share these tips :relaxed:

(Melissa Saunders) #5

As well as competitor events, I recently built in keywords around events taking place at the same venue at the same time as the event I’m working on as there is some crossover with the target audiences. Half the challenge is getting people out of their offices and along to the venue. If they’re already considering attending the first event hopefully this will persuade them that two shows is worth the journey.

(Belinda Booker) #6

That’s a really interesting tactic - I never would have considered that. Would be interested to hear how you get on…

(Melissa Saunders) #7

Trying lots of new things on this campaign. Will keep you posted!

(Alex Velinov) #8

No worries this is just the top of the iceberg