Making your event more environmentally friendly

(Abena P) #41

Does anyone know of any festivals that specifically require their food traders to be sustainable? I know there must be lots and am trying to find how they word this in their terms and conditions.

(Belinda Booker) #42

I know Shambala has specific requirements for food traders.

(Belinda Booker) #43

Looking at the results of this year’s Pulse Report, sustainability sadly seems to have dropped off the agenda a bit - only 11% of planners say they are treating it as a priority this year. People are much more worried about simply putting bums on seats :disappointed:

(Abena P) #44

That’s a shame, especially when climate change and plastic waste has been so prominent in the news. When will we get to a point where sustainability is seen as business as usual, rather than a passing fad?

(Belinda Booker) #45

I think when it becomes mainstream in retail and with big brand FMCG suppliers. While I’m all for grassroots, I think real change has to come from the top down. The government could be doing so much more - charging for plastic bags, while helpful, is a tiny gesture in the scheme of things. I wonder if the protest by the school children last Friday will have any impact ?