Name Badges :(

(Melissa Saunders) #21

Already loving BadgeNinja!

(Claire Dibben) #22

Thanks for your useful replies everybody! I’m just about to embark on my research stage of operation ‘Get Better At Name Badges’. Wish me luck!

(Claire Dibben) #23

it doesn’t help but it’s nice to see someone else shares my pain haha!

(Jakki Rossiter) #24

This was also a huge problem for me this year! Had two conferences for 500 people running along side each other and we ended up staring one 20 minutes late due to name badge finding problems with registration, it was a real issue and caused a lot of stress for me to get things caught up during the day so they were running along side each other time wise. I have been looking for new ideas with name badges since February and think I am going to try the print on demand route, its more costly, but looks more professional and with an external company coming in to do it, takes the pressure of us as event managers. Fingers crossed!

(Claire Dibben) #25

How funny, I literally just sent an email to a company asking how much it would be for them to do it for me. Throw some money at the problem I say!

(Melissa Saunders) #26

Sounds like a plan!

(Claire Dibben) #27

Hi Ruby,

Just placed an order with these guys for my conference in September. Thanks for the recommendation :slight_smile:

(Ruby Sweeney) #28

Hi Claire

Sorry to have missed your question back in June!

Really pleased to hear that you’ve used Nicholas Hunter. They’re really good and very reasonable, aren’t they?

Hope the event with your shiny new badges goes well :slight_smile:

(Abena P) #29

Has anyone invented a cost effective device that I can use to do my own perforations? Paying extortionate amounts for perforated sheet inserts upsets me. I’d much rather just buy plain card and make them myself to whatever sized badge I happen to be using. Or am I the only one buying perforated sheet inserts? :blush:

(Belinda Booker) #30

How about an old fashioned guillotine? You could print the badges with crop marks and then cut them out.
https://www.avery.co.uk/guillotines/precision

(Abena P) #31

That’s a great idea! I do have a guillotine (doesn’t every event manager???) so could try printing badges with crop marks.

If anyone does want to invent The Perforator then give me a shout for ideas!

(Melissa Saunders) #32

Mind your fingers though!!

(Julianne Johnson) #33

This is what I do for smaller event and have the cut lines in a light grey so it cant be seen and saved as a mail merge template for quick use. and Cheap too!

(Belinda Booker) #34

Yeah I think as long as you have a decent guillotine you can do it pretty quickly and neatly too.

(Louise Stablecroft) #35

We supply pre perforated paper on A4 sheets various sizes including custom, so you can mail merge from word .

Or we have fully produced badge paper complete with either wallets for lanyards or rigid pvc badges with pin and clips or swivel clips.

(Belinda Booker) #36

Hi Louise, how much are you pre-perforated sheets? We’re looking for more economical ways of producing badges!

(Matt) #38

I bit the bullet and bought a card printer, cerdit card size output. Circa £700. When it works it is very, very good as you can design your own badges with pictures, logos etc, etc.

However every time I come to use it (once a year) it won’t work for some reason and I have to contact support. that is a pain!!

(Belinda Booker) #39

I was only saying to my husband yesterday, that with all the advances we’ve made in the last 20 years, home printing is the one area that lags behind. There is always some problem. Every. Single. Time!

(Samantha Brown) #40

I have to print badges multiple times a month for events, from 10 - 250 at one time. We purchased a label printer, then added non-adhesive cartridges to them.

They print amazing. You install the software which comes with the printer, you can adjust the size to fit your badge holders, add logos, mail merge spreadsheets and let it do all the work. Then you just have to stuff them in the holders.

We used to print and cut them out but it’s not worth it! This badge printer we use is under £100!! Plus it’s totally portable - take the printer and a laptop, plug it in and print badges straight away - perfect for name changes and people who just show up without booking.

Here is the printer: https://www.printerbase.co.uk/brother-ql-810w-thermal-label-printer.html
Here are the cartridges: https://www.printerbase.co.uk/brother-dk-n55224-54mm-x-30-48m-continuous-non-adhesive-paper-tape.html

(Belinda Booker) #41

Looks great, but do you still have to cut each label off?