Slowdown in exhibition/trade show sector in 2018

(Richard) #1

Hi,

We’re a small business who supply iPads, iPad stands, iZettle payment systems, TV screens etc on rental.
We’ve experienced a huge slump in sales in 2018. Some months we’re doing around 50% of the revenue we were doing this time last year.

We supply to both exhibitions & trade shows as well as more consumer focused events & festivals. The consumer events have been relatively even as last year. But the trade shows and exhibitions have taken a huge slump.

Just trying to gauge whether this is done to the compeition/reduction in demand for our products or whether the industry as a whole has reduced their spending and budgets. I have noticed that some of the regular clients who used our services in the past have taken out fewer items than before.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

(Belinda Booker) #2

Hi Richard, sorry to hear business is not so good. Let’s see if any members in our Shows, Exhibitions and Conferences group @SEC can shed any light on what’s going on in the sector?

(Dewi) #3

Have you tried Facebook Ads to target people working in the events industry? facebook.com/ads

It can cost as little as £1 a day to advertise on Facebook.

(Richard) #4

Thanks for the tip Dewi, I used to do PPC marketing a few years ago, so know a fair bit about marketing via paid clicks.

I wouldn’t have thought that facebook advertising would work well for B2B projects, they’re great for consumers. Unless the targeting has improved drastically over the years.

We do a lot of Google adwords marketing and that’s very well targeted and gets us very strong leads.

(Dewi) #5

Targeting has improved vastly. You can now target people to their interests and demographics as well using website tracking.

https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Multi_Group_How_To/how-to-create-a-tracking-pixel-with-facebook?lg=en_US