Snap Spectacles for event content

(James Mayes) #1

Snap spectacles - constant photo content on event day. The one day you’re busy as anything but need to make the most of the noise. Can they be hacked to cross-posted to IG or Twitter? A pile of content possibilities coming to mind. Anyone attacked this yet? Keen to hear!

(Nick Lawson) #2

Likewise keen to hear! Haven’t explored them at all, but surely there’s some cool things to be done when combining this with geo-filters/geo-stories around your event?

Here’s the link for anyone interested: https://www.spectacles.com/

(angela eisermann) #3

Following. I’m jazzed to see what we can do with them.

(Nick Lawson) #4

Got hooked and read this write up on Mashable: http://mashable.com/2017/02/15/snapchat-spectacles-marketer-dad/#XGeTZco7paqd

They’ve already clocked on to value of Spectacles at live events by the sound of it:

Our team has already started using Spectacles at live events to provide a heads-up experience and we’re getting good lift by acknowledging that we’re using the Specs. Logistically, posting multiple videos in a sequence is very easy. The added value of editing, doodling on, and pruning out videos before they post is key to producing real-time native creative.

(angela eisermann) #5

Maybe a networking challenge with spectacles. Snap everyone you network with at to event’s story. random winer chosen… thinking…

10 Top Tips for Better Networking at Your Event
(Nick Lawson) #6

I like it! A good way to break networking ice too.

They’re RRP at $129 so I can’t they’re going to become widespread quickly but I wonder if some companies will start offering them for hire for things like events

(angela eisermann) #7

For the right event… C-level event. I see the right sponsor wanting in on that.

(James Mayes) #8

Who needs sponsors, when you’ve got direct contacts :stuck_out_tongue:

Gonna get me a loaner pair…

(angela eisermann) #9

Direct contacts and you don’t have them already :stuck_out_tongue:

(Nick Lawson) #10

Am i being an idiot or do these only come with tinted/shaded lenses? Bit annoying for indoor use?

(Belinda Booker) #11

Here are some examples of Snapchat Spectacles being used at events. Sure they’re gimmicky, but who doesn’t like a gimmick?

(simon) #12

I haven’t used Snapchat professionally for a while. When I worked in social media research it was always a grey area as getting useful analytics was nearly impossible. That was about a year ago now though, anyone have any insights into if its changed? :sunglasses:

(Belinda Booker) #13

How about if people are using an event geofilter when uploading pics/video?

(simon) #14

This article somewhat addresses my comment on analytics

(Belinda Booker) #15

I guess the context cards are useful if you’re using Snapchat to drive event ticket sales, or if you’re an sponsor/exhibitor looking to increase engagement at-event?