Snapchat for event marketing

snapchat

(Marino Fresch) #1

We see a lot of success with advertising on Facebook, and we’re looking at the potential of other social networks - in particular Snapchat. Snapchat seems like it could be a highly relevant site and audience for event organisers.

Has anyone used Snapchat’s advertising options, and how have you found them?

Or, have you advertised on any social networks other than Facebook, and how well did it work?

(Jade Farhangi) #2

http://www.eventtribe.com/t/using-a-snapchat-geo-filter-at-your-event/1103/9?u=jade_f

Hi @Marino this link to the previous conversation may offer some insight :slight_smile:

(Marino Fresch) #3

Great to know! Thanks @Jade_F

(Alex Velinov) #4

I have no idea about Snapchat, but it depends on the event type and your target audience
Below some Snapchat stats:

Snapchat Demographics

71% of Snapchat users are under 34 years old.
Roughly 70% of Snapchat users are female.
30% of US Millennial Internet Users use Snapchat regularly.
Ireland is the top country for Snapchat Usage based on percentage of usage by adults in each market.
50% of Male College students share selfies on Snapchat, the number is higher in Female college students. 77% to be precise.
45% of Snapchat users are aged between 18-24.
Snapchat reaches 11% of Total US Digital population.
More than 25% of UK Smartphone users are on Snapchat, in Norway the number goes up to 50%.

Source:https://www.omnicoreagency.com/snapchat-statistics/

Talking about another social network - you may get good results with Twitter, but generally is more expensive compared with Facebook
YouTube also can help you if you try to get awareness for your event at very low-cost £0.05-£0.10 per video view.

(Tom Mannah) #5

Hi Marino,

Hope you’re good and that’s a great question.

The very nature of Snapchat means that it creates temporary moments of content, which translates into a more engaging and intimate experience for the user. The use of temporary content posted/sent by someone/brand that you care about means that the users willingness to engage is increased, which is why Snapchat deserves some attention.

The challenge for event organisers with Snapchat is making sure that they create relevant content for that platform. Unfortunately, the same video/poster that you share on Facebook may not be suitable for Snapchat because the rules of engagement are very different (by design).

Hopefully this blog we did will give you some insights into what works - http://snappylookers.com/2017/08/03/when-tradition-tries-new-media/

All in all, Snapchat is a great platform to market events, but it’s worthwhile thinking about your target audience and the right content for them before taking the leap.

Hope this helps,

Tom

(Belinda Booker) #6

Hey Tom, Interesting article - I wouldn’t associate either of those two titles with Snapchat because I perceive them to have an older audience.

p.s. I have a pet mosquito, his name is Itchy :grin:

(Tom Mannah) #7

Hi Belinda,

You’re quite right, in regards to their typical demographic both publications do have older audiences, so it’s likely that reaching a younger audience may have been a marketing objective hence Snapchat or they decided to use Snapchat as part of an existing marketing campaign.

FYI - ‘I have a pet mosquito, his name is itchy’ best comment EVER!! :grin: