Speaker selection ideas?

events

(Esther Greatbanks) #1

Hi all,

This may not be applicable for some of you, but I’d love to gain some insight into the selections process you use for your speaker line ups. Do you go for CFPs/CFSs, reach out to people individually, or something else?

I’m interested in ensuring a diverse range of speakers, so looking at blind selection - any experience/advise/tools around this?

Thanks in advance!

(Melissa Saunders) #2

Hi Esther, great question. I know budget is very often a major factor. A former client opted for a sporting personality who he thought would attract people to attend over someone who was relevant to the event’s subject matter. I would always argue that even if you have an A list budget the speakers should still be relevant to your brand/event/reason for being there.

Perhaps some of our @Conferences members could share their thoughts on this with us.

(Joe Atkinson) #3

Hi @esther

I wonder if you could do me a big favour and try out our new CFP and programme scheduling software? It’s currently in beta, so you can use it free of charge.

I’d be really grateful for any feedback you could offer as it would be super helpful in developing the product. I’m sure you’re really busy, so no pressure, but do drop me a message if you’re interested and I’ll send you the link.

Many thanks,

Joe