Sponsorship banners - who pays?

Hi, I will be running a few large events next year and I have a sponsorship for one of the events. What I need to know is, when the sponsor agrees a sum to be the main sponsor and they decide what type of advertising they require at the event, who pays for the banners, flags etc which are displayed at the event? Does, the sponsors design and buy their own displays? Thank you

1 Like

In my experience (exhibitions mainly) the sponsor’s branding is incorporated into the event signage, advertising, website, emails etc & this is all funded by the event organiser. This is factored into the cost to the sponsor. If the sponsor has their own stand I would expect them to produce all stand content including branding, banners etc. If there was to be specific branding for that sponsor on the event & it wasn’t part of the event signage I would still expect the organiser to fund & produce this but this would normally be discussed in detail with the potential sponsor before the deal was signed. In some cases they may have banners already that can be used. Most importantly agree the detail and get that written into the sponsorship agreement to be signed by both parties. Also get the sponsor to sign off all artwork before it goes to print.

Thank you.

1 Like