SPONSORSHIP WEEK: Ask Event Tech Live's Adam Parry anything!

businessdevelopment
sponsorship

(Melissa Saunders) #41

no worries…best of luck and let us know how you get on!

(Vistaar Events) #42

hello,

how to make an business proposal to an investor asking for sound production in house so that we get good profit.
any help or any link which will help me out.

(Melissa Saunders) #44

Hi @Vistaar_Events
Thanks for your question. Please can you give us a bit more detail as I’m not sure I understand. Are you asking the investor to fund the sound production at your events i.e. as a sponsor?

(Vistaar Events) #45

Hello, @MelissaJane

My question was i need to make a business proposal for a client who is a invester . so wants some inputs how i can make it best . its for event management company want to do full sound light production in house .

(Gordana Stevanovic) #46

Some great sponsorship ideas here. the organisation I’m helping has deciced to go a different way, and apologies if this is in the wrong place. they are wanting to set up a VIP Experience, a personal stylist, Hair stylist, Makeup, Driver. Could this be another way other than doing sponsorship packages? and how much could we charge for this experience? the event cost is $150 AU, so how high could we charge for the VIP experience?

(Belinda Booker) #47

Hi Gordana, have you calculated how much it will cost you to provide the VIP package? That will give you a better idea of the mark up you need to apply to make it profitable (from where you should be able to judge if it’s something people would be willing to pay). Are there any other events doing something similar? You could check out what they’re charging to get a feel for the market.

(Gordana Stevanovic) #48

Thanks Belinda, very helpful. No I haven’t as yet, I’m meeting with one of the ladies today to get an estemate on costings and I guess work from there. I did try to research VIP packages or experiences but wasn’t successful. This is being done for a Charity Gala with an auction, so we aren’t quite sure, if we should offer this to just a few people or anyone willing to pay the extra ticket price?

(Belinda Booker) #49

I’d say anyone willing to pay, seeing as you’ll want to raise as much as possible for the charity. However, if the charity has an existing list of generous donors it would be worth contacting them first.

(Gordana Stevanovic) #50

I am organizing another Charity event, this is a Cosplay Disco, to help raise money for Motor Neurone Disease South Australia.

I am looking for Event Sponsors for my event, because I’d like to add some free value, to a gift bag that I’ll be selling on the night.

I’m not sure who I should be asking to be sponsors, Do I look to Sponsors that will give items to add? or better to get Money Sponsors and just buy what I need to instead? I was looking to ask someone who deals with Video Games, because a lot of the Cosplayers play video games, but how and who do I contact for that?

If anyone has had any experience with this kind of sponsor, please share your thoughts. Thanks.

(Belinda Booker) #51

You might find this thread useful: Sampling opportunities
Perhaps you can find a sampling company closer to you? Also, from what I’ve heard, getting donations in kind is much easier than getting cash. Re. the video games, I would recommend contacting the PR/press department of the company that produces the game/s you’re most interested in. Good luck!

(Gordana Stevanovic) #52

Thanks for that, very helpful.