Virtual reality venue tours - are they any good?

(Belinda Booker) #1

VR venue tours seem to be growing in popularity (recently read The Brewery has one now). Has anyone experienced a VR venue tour? How useful did you find it? Would you ever book a venue based on this alone?

(Melissa Saunders) #2

I think ExCeL has a fly through film/vr tour - I can’t remember which but I don’t think there’s any substitute for a site visit. VR tours are fun content and give people a feel but I personally want to stand in the room, look at sight lines and access etc.

(Belinda Booker) #3

It will be interesting to see how realistic they can become and if eventually, you will be able to do everything you could do in real life. I guess you also need wide spread adoption of the headsets. I can only think of two people I know who own them at the moment.

(Jason McGuire) #4

No so much a VR tour but this year a month before our festival when we had the last 50 tickets to sell I did a Facebook live video tour around the venue and fields. That was for the public though not for the organisers as it was my event. We had lots of people asking questions about the shower blocks, the new stage layouts, the camping areas etc so we had a live Q&A while I took them on a 10 minute tour. We sold the last 50 tickets within 3 days of the tour.

(Leon Lhomme) #5

I’m looking for a virtual reality tent for my events next year but do not know of any companies, who set up such a tent. If anyone knows of any, I’ll gladly like to hear from you.

(Melissa Saunders) #6

Hi Leon, thanks for your comment. Can I suggest you post in the Suppliers Wanted category on here as well? We’ve got members from a wide variety of backgrounds now so hopefully someone will be able to help.

(Belinda Booker) #7

Love the idea of the live Q&A video tour - truly interactive!

(Belinda Booker) #8

Do you want bespoke content created as well or just to hire a generic, fun VR experience?

(Leon Lhomme) #9

Thankyou Melisa and Belinda. I’m looking for generic VR fun experience, which I can include within the festivals I will be holding next year.

(Belinda Booker) #10

Try these guys http://eventshouse.co.uk/virtual-reality/vr-experiences/

(Melissa Saunders) #11

Ah @Belinda_Booker you’re better than Google!