What are your biggest festive event challenges this year?

christmas
festive
venues
planning
promotion

(Melissa Saunders) #1

With only 17 weeks left until Christmas and the cards in the shops already, what are your biggest festive event challenges? Are you struggling to find the perfect santa? Are you looking to source the perfect Christmas giveaway? Do you have the wrong kind of snow? Are you still looking for a party venue or trying to come up with a theme?

(Belinda Booker) #2

I know of a lot of venues get booked up for Christmas the January beforehand, so I imagine there will be some people struggling to find their ideal Xmas party venue. I’m looking to book a private house to accommodate my extended family over Christmas and already finding limited choice.

(Melissa Saunders) #3

Yes, I reckon it comes around sooner every year! Are you looking for somewhere in London?

(Belinda Booker) #4

Actually thinking Scotland (I want it to feel really Christmassy) but it needs to be close to an airport. Let me know if you happen to know of anything!

(Melissa Saunders) #5

Some nice ones on here: https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/results/refined/Bedrooms:6/keywords:scotland/arrival:2017-12-23/departure:2017-12-30/page:1 Not sure of proximity to airport but there’s a map on the site too.

(Belinda Booker) #6

Ooh thanks Melissa. Looks like there are few good options still available (and in budget!)

(Gail Gyi) #7

Come to Scotland.
Plenty of place still available just Google Homes to rent in Scotland from Castles to Cabins I am sure you’ll find a perfect place.

I think there were a few large places left in Portpatrick, tiny town with harbour & fab seafood restaurants in Southern Scotland which is a brilliant place over Christmas/ New Year.

(Melissa Saunders) #8

Sounds fab. Now I want to Christmas in Scotland!!

(Belinda Booker) #9

Thanks Gail, you’re really painting the picture for me - just need guaranteed snow for the perfect Christmas! :snowflake: