What venues can you highly recommend?

(Melissa Saunders) #1

I’ve previously mentioned quite a few venues on here that I’ve had the pleasure of working at/for or experienced as a visitor. What great venues would you recommend and why? Let’s here it for the venues! Go!

Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!
(Maricar Jagger) #2

I recently went to an event in the Mary Rose Museum in Portsmouth and was very impressed by the professional approach, as well as the love shown by the staff for their venue. They seemed very proud of their museum and eager for everybody to see it and come back (the goodbyes were just as warm as the welcome). Needless to say, the venue is very atmospheric and the exhibits interesting so it’s quite a pull for people to come to events there. We’re planning another event there, mainly because as an organiser I feel that I’m working with people who care about both their venue and my event.

(Melissa Saunders) #3

Hi Maricar, so glad you posted about the staff attitude. Doesn’t it make all the difference to your experience? I will certainly check it out when I’m next in Porstmouth. thanks for posting!

(Navin Todi) #4

Hello Folks,

Thanks for bringing out a very crucial point. It is very important to decide the venue while planning any event. From the experience, I personally prefer to check the guest lists and their living address and always ensure that I choose the banquet or hall that sounds nearest to the max attendee, Hence maximum people can become the part of the event.

(Sara) #5

I’ve organized many events in many interesting venues throughout the years, working for JTB Communication Design. If I have to choose top two event venues, those would be the World Heritage Garden in Japan and Nagoya Castle? They are both breathtakingly beautiful.

(Belinda Booker) #6

Thanks for the tip, Sara. Nagoya Castle does indeed look stunning. Where in Japan are the gardens you speak of?

(Julianne Johnson) #7

Last week, I held a week long residential conference at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport and whilst is was a tight budget - the hotel bent over backwards to do everything as we wanted. Great for conference where you need a lot of bedrooms.

Any conference space recommendations in the Midlands?
(Belinda Booker) #8

Oh is that the conference you were seeking venue recommendations for a while ago? Interesting to know what you went for. Did they give you a rate for the event as a whole or were you paying a 24 hour rate per delegate?

(Julianne Johnson) #9

Yes, one of. Its growing again next year so may need to find a larger space again! :joy:

(Belinda Booker) #10

Have you checked out Imago venues?

Or the De Vere venues within the University of Nottingham’s campus? Academic venues are great for low prices and lots of parking.

(Julianne Johnson) #11

Both unfortunately don’t quite tick all boxes. Imago’s largest conference room is too small for our required set up and the EMCC can’t allow I think it was more than 160 bedroom in one booking. I think I’ll have to start considering city center venues and convince delegates to utilize the great transport connections.

(Belinda Booker) #12

Hmm… I’ll let you know if I think of anywhere else. ICC Wales will open in May. Not sure what the prices will be like though…