Would any charity like an event organised for them?

(Tom Ellis) #1

Hi, I’m an enthusiastic amateur who is keen to organise some small scale events for charity. I have some ideas as to what I would like to organise. If your charity would like someone to organise an event to raise money for you please let me know and I’ll get in touch ASAP.
Thank you and I really look forward to hearing from you.

(Ryan Perez-Wilson) #2

Hey Tom,

From my experience of starting out in the Industry, your best option if wanting to organise a charity event is to get in touch with a charity you are passionate about.

They potential have an events team who can help advice you on the best way to set up an event that conforms with their guidelines. If they don’t have an events team, they may have material that can help you make your event more official.

Another option is to find something you are passionate about and organise an event relating to that on a small scale, raising money for your charity of choice. What I would do would may be different to you, but I would organise a charitable sporting event, gaming event or even a garden parties in a local park.

Just make sure before you do anything that you get advice from the corresponding charity or local government (If doing something outside). Also make sure that what you are doing is in line with what the charity is trying to achieve.

Hope this advice helps?

(Tom Ellis) #3

Thanks, yes that’s useful. I’ll approach some charities directly with my ideas. I’m the meantime if any charity reads this please do get in touch!
Thanks again

Introduce yourself to the EventTribe community!