83 Event Ideas and Formats to Inspire Your Next Great Event

An Eventbrite blog post from 2016.

Which ones do you like and can you think of anything that can be added to the list?

2 Likes

It’s certainly a comprehensive list, but I can think of a few more:

Talk/speech
Hybrid (an event with participants both online and in person)
Gala dinner
Team building

2 Likes

I keep typing an idea and then going back to the list to see if it’s there. It always is. Competitions (#73) are good…but maybe a multi-sport (and other talent) type of thing? There used to be a show in Canada called “Canada’s Smartest Person” where it was a mix of brain teasers, trivia, and some physical activities.

2 Likes

One that’s not on the list is a barcamp

1 Like

Ah yes, a type of ‘un-conference’. I’ve never been to one. I’d be intrigued to see how they work firsthand.

i’ve attended a couple, Belinda. To be honest, they do seem to be useful, unlike many other conferences i’ve been which seemed completely useless. one time i even attended a hgh conference. didn’t even know how i got there. lol. anyway my opinion only.

1 Like

I’ve attended a few which have been great. Setting up the days agenda can be a bit of bun fight but it creates a varied timetable for the day.

1 Like

@Wastand I guess it makes sense to let the participants set the agenda, so what’s being discussed is actually relevant. I like that it crowdsources solutions and lets peers share expertise, but on the other hand you lose out on inspirational keynotes.

@DewiEirig do you think this format is easier for the organiser because they don’t have to establish the programme of content/book speakers etc beforehand?

The ones I’ve been to have had a planned keynote at the beginning. At the planning stage everyone writes their presentation title on a post-it note then the organisers then sorts out the day after that. For an organiser I think it would be difficult to plan a varied timetable in a small timeframe but the ones I’ve seen fly through it with ease.

1 Like

Hello All,

I got many new ideas for my next event planning, I must say there are some productive discussions on this topic here.