Internet at Trade Shows?

Hi There–

We are having a really hard time with Internet at trade shows. The exhibitor provided internet is EXPENSIVE and our hotspots don’t work. Does anyone elese have this problem? Anyone have a solution?

1 Like

I feel your pain and have been there unfortunately. Hoping one of our members has some solutions!

1 Like

@FixMyWiFi can you help out here?

1 Like

If you can find an ethernet connection try using a travel router like this one http://amzn.to/2EFM6zs

This is what I use when I’m on the road.

1 Like

Hi Padikour
I’ve spoken with a contact who has a great deal of experience in the industry and here are his thoughts on this issue:

"This is a huge challenge for exhibitors and organisers and generally speaking it’s not always the organisers fault as you are putting X amount of visitors and exhibitors in the same place and asking them to feed from the same network at the same time which obviously puts a huge drain on connection. The bigger the show the bigger the problem unfortunately! If his hotspots aren’t working then this is more a service provider issue and maybe he needs to look at a new supplier. Alternatively he should look at investing in a portable WiFi booster for mobile. If it’s a laptop connectivity issue he should look at a plug in option. This unfortunately is not an issue that has a one fix option as the biggest part of this is the venue investing in the very best(often the most expensive) wireless package for venues but a lot of them simply won’t do it. As an exhibitor he may need to forego location to be nearer the main signal with a stand near/beside it. Personally I would be asking questions of his current supplier and invest in a portable modem as this gives him the best option."
Hope that helps!

2 Likes

This seems interesting, but it’s not available in the US!

That is helpful! Thanks for reaching out to your contact. It’s unfortunate there isn’t a simple solution, but there seem to be some new options we can try at our shows.

1 Like

yes I’m hoping technological developments will overcome it sooner rather than later so the problem just goes away. Hope something here works for you.

We’ve had this problem too, our product is web-based, so if we do a live demo having it not load isn’t great to say the least! We purchased one of these mobile broadband dongles, largely as back up but we’ve depended on it at a couple of shows. Might be worth checking out.

1 Like