I live in Kent so my Facebook feed has featured this quite a bit…mainly because it’s not the type of event that many Tunbridge Wells residents see as in-keeping with the character of the area. It took place on land belonging to a friend of a friend with a ‘live and let live’ attitude. I’ve seen some unconfirmed speculation that the death was due to carbon monoxide poisoning from a barbecue used inside a tent. Thoughts are with family and friends.
In my limited experience of working on festivals visitor information has mainly focused on coming prepared for all weathers, keeping hydrated, being respectful of other visitors/neighbours etc. I think the only thing you can do re potentially dangerous activities is provide an appropriate environment for the activities in which these can take place, outline to participants what is involved/provide proper briefings, advise of any groups who shouldn’t/cannot participate e.g. under 16s, pregnant women, anyone with a heart condition etc. Plus have trained first aiders/medical professionals on site and ensure the whole team are aware of emergency procedures.