Virtual events - audience engagement and challenges

Hi guys!

I thought I’d reach out to a community in order to get a clearer picture of the transition into online events…I’d be super grateful if a few people would take the time to reply to this, it would help massively!

• What have the biggest challenges for you been in switching to online events?
  • How has your audience engagement changed, if at all?
  • How have you tackled these changes and challenges?
  • What are your feelings towards getting back to face to face events?

Even the briefest of answers will be helpful! I’m in the middle of market research and I thought, who best to reach out to? Thank you so much to those of you who reply!

Hi,
Yes, its very tough to get engaged to the audience during a virtual event rather than a physical event. But keeping a virtual audience engaged is obviously easier said than done, but there are certain tips and best practices to keep in mind when designing engagement opportunities, even with the current tech available.

For that i would like to share a case study on virtual event engagement, which shows various challenges and their solutions to keep your audience engaged.

Hi Ella, that’s very good questions. In the past, I’ve been an event organizer. Now, working at a virtual events company (Worksup) and constantly communicating with event managers, here’s what I can say:

• What have the biggest challenges for you been in switching to online events?
    The biggest challenge for event agencies was to find a way to reconstruct the previous processes and adjust to the new, virtual, path.

• How has your audience engagement changed, if at all?
    In the beginning, of course, it was all total mess. People didn’t know how to act correctly. But the quicker some actions have been taken, the better was the outcome and the more customers have been acquired.

• How have you tackled these changes and challenges?
    Mostly it was done be being patient, structured, and with consistency. Clear communication with team and vendors has also been helpful as everyone should know what’s going on with the company plans and goals in these uncertain times.

• What are your feelings towards getting back to face to face events?
    As for me, all format could easily co-exist. Of course, I love traditional events and all the buzz. But, I’m also a fan of online education and events. I think people are still learning how to make it the best way and I’m proud that our company is helping event managers to take advantage of this situation.

Btw, at Worksup, we currently have a free offer for event managers. If you’re organizing hybrid or virtual events, you can get a free consultation from our expert (about interactions, tools, audience - get help in anything). Just fill the form here

Hope it helps!
Good luck!