Virtual Reality at Events

Has anyone seen a good use of VR at an event (that wasn’t a specific VR event!)? How much did it contribute to your experience of the event?

1 Like

Hi Nick…

Im really into the idea of VR and what it could be used for… especially in events… have you seen this one by imagination?
http://vrscout.com/news/jaguar-ipace-car-launch-htc-vive/

Looks like a very clever use of VR at events. I imagine beside the actual success of the event, the free advertising for all involved would be great.

1 Like

Wow that actually sounds like a really cool event, definitely one of the best business uses of VR I’ve seen yet. I haven’t read much on social VR but this sounds like a pretty slick application of it. I can only really see VR becoming a bigger and bigger thing in the experiential marketing field.

The venue 8 Northumberland Avenue have been using VR to sell their event spaces - idea being that a client can come and see the event spaced transformed into how it will look for their event. I’d be interested to know if this has seen a good ROI for them. Perhaps it’s still early days, but in the future when they can build the apps quicker and cheaper this could be really effective?

Wow I’d imagine that could be really useful for a lot of businesses as a lot of people struggle to imagine things and see the potential. Estate agents being a good example.

Like you say I’d imagine it would be quite time consuming at the moment with it being fairly new but it has a lot of potential I think.

1 Like

Another good use I’ve heard of is UNICEF using VR at fundraising events. They created a 360 video of a refugee camp in the Middle East, and used it to transport people at events into humanitarian crisis zones.

The great thing was that they could actually make a business case for it because it doubled number of people donating compared to a traditional fundraising methods.

EDIT: knew there was a blog post about it somewhere!

3 Likes

Wow! That has to be the best use of VR! That’s amazing.

I produce VR tours for venues/conferences & we’ve seen a massive surge of interest. We just need to be on site for a few hours, you can exhibit your place at a conference using a Samsung VR headset or just use an iPad. It allows anyone the opportunity to walk around your venue, which helps created a lot of buzz.

1 Like